Personal question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
Hi all im 26 weeks pregnant. And my nipples are very itchy.{Sorry} Im just wondering is this normal i dont have any rash. Just wondering if anyone else has this.
bride. Posts: 3014
I don't have it but I would imagine it's normal enough with all the changes happening to them, all the new blood and hormones. It might be worth googling or mentioning to your gynae if you have a visit coming up. Could it be your bra? I have had to stop wearing lace underwired bras and switch to cotton maternity ones, maybe it would help?
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Same problem here ;o(. It's down to the skin stretching as your boobs grow. I find moisturising the whole area every day keeps it to a minimum. If I forget one day, the next day I can feel the itching and dry skin starting again! HTH
Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
Thanks for the advice bride and jellybaby. I think i will start moisturising. I was putting baby powder on them and in my bra. It was my DH's advice. I wont be taking anymore advice from him. :o0
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Got that a lot during pregnancy - boobs were sooo itchy - started putting mosturiser on couple times a day & it relieved it
arib Posts: 499
I get that sometimes and I find it helps to change my bra more frequently - it could be that we are sweating a bit more and it causes itching in nylon/lacy bras.
Always hoping Posts: 784
I'm another fellow sufferer! I find that different bras make it worse/better.
sineaaad Posts: 402
Yeah Ive had this too. Its pretty normal
ms jolie Posts: 166
anyone had the tip of their nipple turn blue/puple colour? I find this sometimes :-8 but it doesnt last too long.