Petition Against Dogfighting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ambrose Posts: 8
Dear All I don’t know how many of you saw the BBC1 Panorama programme about the Irish dogfighting ring last night (30.08.07) The footage shown in the programme was horrific and one of the men featured who was involved in this cruelty and abuse was a Gaelic footballer, a popular sport. He has already been convicted and fined for keeping dangerous dogs and the footage showed him planning dog fights and discussing stealing a dog to use in a dog fight. I have written a petition to ask the GAA, the Gaelic Football Association, to suspend this man from playing Gaelic Football. I do not believe that such a cruel man should be allowed to enjoy the privileged lifestyle that he does, and also feel strongly that he should not be allowed to continue in his position of role model in Ireland. Please read the petition and sign it if you would like to show your support. If you would like to contact the GAA directly, their contact details are: Dog fighting is not a sport – it is a cruel and horrific crime. Please forward this email on to all your contacts. Regards Jane
Senorita Posts: 3413
Going to sign it now. It makes me sick that these evil ba*tards think it's a sport to have dogs tearing lumps out of each other. I'd love to do some serious damage, that's what these people deserve. It seriously makes me soooooo mad. I didn't see that docu, but I'm listening to an interview on RTE1 about it. It sounds horrific :o(
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:k4s34ggj]Totally agree! That program sickened me last night. I felt physically sick! There is something seriously wrong with someone who has a dog (they claim to love) & could put that dog into a pit to fight to the death with another dog. I can't even begin to understand it, it makes me so mad. Those people are scum! >:o( [/color:k4s34ggj]
Loreve Posts: 501
People like that should be put in with the fighting dogs. Let them see how they like it! I cannot abide no understand any form of animal cruelty. >:o( >:o( >:o( I have this quote on the bottom of all my emails. "I hold, that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to the protection by man, from the cruelty of man " ~ Mahatma Ghandi
playabella Posts: 543
I am absolutely going to sign the petition. As an animal lover I think it is disgusting that this can go on. How anyone can be so cruel is beyond me. That guy should be banned permanently from playing.
aylala Posts: 3673
Signed the petition there, its a such a sick 'sport' if you could call it that >:o(
wifenow Posts: 14
just signed the petition. I cant believe it. So sad. poor dogs.
noddy Posts: 666
god it was terrilble watching the oor dogs ripping each other apart, and then when they electrified the dog was just brutal :o( basta*ds
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I didn't see the programme, but I heard about it. Just signed it there. I can't understand how a human being could be so cruel, it sickens me...The GAA should ban him immediately...he's no role model for our children.
Westielover Posts: 416
it was one of the most horrific things I ever saw. CAVLAN SHOULD BE BANNED. He is an embarrassment to the GAA!