Pew Ends!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Hi Girls, Would really like to give making my own pew ends ago!!! Only thing is don't know where to start :eek So if any of ye have attemped doing them, could ye please let me know where ye got ideas and materials etc... Cheers Ladies :wv
ms organised Posts: 1069
[quote="ClaireDec09":2n8m0opx]Hi Girls, Would really like to give making my own pew ends ago!!! Only thing is don't know where to start :eek So if any of ye have attemped doing them, could ye please let me know where ye got ideas and materials etc... Cheers Ladies :wv[/quote:2n8m0opx] Hi there I'm the same, really would love to make my own but haven't a clue what I would need! O-O
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
I'm in the same boat girls, my Mam is doing them for me. I'm googling pics and stuff and then ordering the materials from Ebay. Hope to get started in it in the next week or two. Here's my ideas so far: I'm going to get tulle: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PALE-IVORY-TULLE- ... 240%3A1318 And maybe ivy: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILK-FLOWERS-6FT- ... 240%3A1318 Or maybe a few silk flowers - again Ebay. Have a play around with a few idea's and get creative. There's no one way to make them, they can be as fussy or as plain as you want them :wv
ms organised Posts: 1069
Thanks Little Miss Chatterbox. One of my bridesmaids is really good at this kind of thing, may have to ask her if she'd mind taking it on and she can show me how do do it. Can I ask how many you girls are thinking of doing? Are you just putting a few on?
Asics Posts: 1935
Iam thinking of doing my own aswell so if any of yee do make them will yee post a pic so I know where to start. Thinking of puting them on about 10 rows thats 5 each side & skipping every 2nd but it could all change its a small enough church im getting married in so I might do them all well every 2nd one iykwim
allaboutweddings Posts: 813
Hi, Just to let you know if any of you are thinking of getting bay trees or arches anyway and don't want to make your own pew ends we are offering free pew ends with bay trees or arches. Otherwise we rent pew ends which may save you having to make them on www.allaboutweddings.ie - the full offer is over on Vendors and Suppliers. Michelle :wv
stephyb Posts: 1439
we're having our ceremony in a hotel so this is something i hadn't thought about, but i'm so making some now!
Receptions Posts: 423
Hi All, For those of you thinking of making your own pew ends, we have personalised pew ends on our on-line shop. It is basically personalised ribbon that is printed with your names and date of wedding on the two ends that can be tied in a bow. They are available in a variety of colours and can be used on their own or incorporated with flowers etc. They are currently in our 3 for 2 special offers which means that for every two you buy you get one free!! Feel free to have a look at www.receptions.ie Suzan Receptions 052 87111
TheRectory Posts: 11
[color=green:1c0a850w]Depending on themes, season, size of ceremony location and budget you have a zillions options at this stage. It would be a good idea to visit the venue and take note of colours, number of pews etc. If it is a large ceremony you may have more pews to consider making these up for so do take as many notes as you can. It will save you from going back again. A great idea that is simple and yet stylish and works all year round is to opt for using gypse. This is a small headed white flower on stems. It is often used as a filler for flower bouquets and gets the desired effect at a great cost. Perhaps you can tie a chiffon material (cream/white) arouond the top fo the pew in a simple knot and slip the gypse into it. Leave the 2 material ends drop to the floor. You could perhaps do every second row with the gypse in it. If you have a very large ceremony location and a tight budget you may find you can only dress the first 5/10 pews which really would be plenty. Simplicity is often more attractive and elegant. If you have the extra bob you may want to include another flower like a lilly/rose to the gypse flower area. A fressia is a smaller flower but the smell is lovely. The one thing about using the gypse on its own is that you can set up the flowers the day before and not have to worry about the flower wilting as it won't need the water overnight as others would. This can often be the resaon some couples choose to opt for a florist to do this for them. Best of luck. [url:1c0a850w]http://www.rectory.ie[/url:1c0a850w][/color:1c0a850w]
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
[quote="The Rectory":1ywaeimp][color=green:1ywaeimp]Depending on themes, season, size of ceremony location and budget you have a zillions options at this stage. It would be a good idea to visit the venue and take note of colours, number of pews etc. If it is a large ceremony you may have more pews to consider making these up for so do take as many notes as you can. It will save you from going back again. A great idea that is simple and yet stylish and works all year round is to opt for using gypse. This is a small headed white flower on stems. It is often used as a filler for flower bouquets and gets the desired effect at a great cost. Perhaps you can tie a chiffon material (cream/white) arouond the top fo the pew in a simple knot and slip the gypse into it. Leave the 2 material ends drop to the floor. You could perhaps do every second row with the gypse in it. If you have a very large ceremony location and a tight budget you may find you can only dress the first 5/10 pews which really would be plenty. Simplicity is often more attractive and elegant. If you have the extra bob you may want to include another flower like a lilly/rose to the gypse flower area. A fressia is a smaller flower but the smell is lovely. The one thing about using the gypse on its own is that you can set up the flowers the day before and not have to worry about the flower wilting as it won't need the water overnight as others would. This can often be the resaon some couples choose to opt for a florist to do this for them. Best of luck. [url:1ywaeimp]http://www.rectory.ie[/url:1ywaeimp][/color:1ywaeimp][/quote:1ywaeimp] Thanks for that, however I'm not sure what "gypse" is. I googled it and this came up, is that what you are on about? [img:1ywaeimp]http://www.minnesotawildflowers.info/udata/r9ndp23q/red/gypsy-flower_0614_173921.jpg[/img:1ywaeimp] Thanks :wv