phil and teds

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bright Posts: 24
Just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the phil and teds sport, dash and vibe besides, obviously, the price! also, i've heard that the phil and teds buggy is heavier than other buggies and this would be a consideration cos I'd be doing a lot of lifting in and out of the car. Appreciate any replies - choosing a buggy is more complicated than I thought!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Hey Bright, The vibe is the newer version with a lighter frame and a new breaking mechanism on the handle so is more expensive. I considered P&T's but to be honest when I tried it out in the shop I changed my mind - it is really quite heavy and I didn't think I would be able to manage it.... I think we are going to go for the Jane Slalom pro instead - it has all the same features as the P&T is a good bit lighter - you can also get the matching car seat with the Jane which now has an isofix base (although the base is more expensive that the maxi cosi that is compatible with the P&T). It's all a bit of a mine field really - but think we made up our mind when we tried them out in the shop. Just note that the girl in shop told us to be sure to check that these prams will fit in your car and that goes for both of the above.. apparently you coudl have problems if you drive a coupe and a number of BMW drivers have had issues. We have a 4x4 so not an issue for us.. HTH :wv
sorry should have also said - if you are not looking for a car seat to make your buggy into a complete travel system the 3 wheel Out and About pram is lighter and slimmer again than the P&T and the Jane - works out at about the same price as the Jane but you can't add a car seat onto the buggy....
bright Posts: 24
Thanks for the reply Mayalldone - the fact that I heard that P&Ts is heavy was putting me off so I think I might consider something else. just a question about the Jane Slalom - does it have the same option for a second child? Thanks again Bright
Hi Bright, No the Jane doesn't have an option for a second child.. thsi is our first so not something we were looking or I'm afraid - I don't know what other prams offer this feature... sorry. Good luck with the hunting.... :wv
mammak Posts: 489
hi, have to say i love our phil and teds. Have sport one and its great. Used it as pinke buggy for past year and now using it as double. Its much more compact than most doubles and if you live country its great for walks as it has suspension. Has adapters for maxi cosi now- a plus. And re it been heavy- have to say i haven't noticed that and i'm 2 weeks after a c-section and have been lifting it no problems. Its lighter than most doubles out there. I'd def recommend it.
speedy55 Posts: 512
i have the vibe and i love it but i do find it heavy. its bulky but i find you can't beat it for walking. its a dream to push compared to our silver cross buggy.
summer daisy Posts: 1336
I have the love'n'care buggy which is the Australia version of the Phil and Teds.. I love this buggy. I am getting back into shape (after a year of eating WAY too much!) and I just pop the girls in the buggy and off we go. They both love it and I take them out for at least an hour at a time! This buggy is available in Smyths- have a look at it!!
Toots12 Posts: 894
Summerdaisy, does the Love N Care double have a lie flat option for a newborn? Is it easy enough to lift and fold? Does it have pretty much the exact same features as a P&T? Sorry for all the questions!!! Am just starting my research now, as we'll have a 14 month old and a newborn, and hubby by far prefers the P&T model to any other doubles out there.... I'm still not sure what I want!