Philomena

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hopeful lady Posts: 280
Just wanted to say went to see this tonight with dh and thought it was very good! DH was surprisingly impressed too . has nice bit of humour in it considering.
Lorna Doone Posts: 737
Was only chatting to somebody about it tonite. They highly recommended. Must go see. Last good movie I watched was Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. Cate Blanchett is excellent.
Rosewater Posts: 372
Went to see it during the week and really enjoyed it ~ kept thinking those feicin nuns who did they think they were, they caused so much hurt and pain. Gave my lil man the biggest cuddle when I came home!
McLisa Posts: 1815
Went to see it during the week, thought it was great, some brilliant acting from Judy dench, she was fab! Really scary when you think that sort of thing went on not so long ago, my mum got pregnant with me quite young and my real dad left, I think only for fact my grandparents were of mixed marriage and a bit liberal we may have been in similar situation, I know same think happened my mams cousin only her baby's father stuck around but they were marched up the aisle and it all ended In divorce years later. The Catholic Church has a lot to answer for!
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
We went to see it last weekend.It was very good - some good laughs in it but very sad too:( It's horrendous what went on back then!