Photo's of the ex

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dicey Posts: 100
Hi Girls, Just wondering how you all feel about pictures of the ex's? when i break up with someone i tend to do a full clean out from the last relationship, photos jewelery etc. My HTB has gone traveling a few times and once with his ex girlfriend. So as you can imagine their are loads of photo's of them together. it actually doesnt bother me tbh, usually a jealous person but not anymore which is a good reflection on my HTB :xox Anyway the thing that im starting to think is in years to come when my kids are looking at our photo's do i really want them looking at their daddy and his ex? Can i ask him to delete the pictures where they are together or is that crazy bride thing to do?
Lilica Posts: 755
I wouldn't bother to be honest. I remember looking through photos of my dad in my grandparents' house... They were in his old room and some were of him with different girls at dinner dances etc. I found it really interesting to see that my dad had a life before he met my mam! I also remember asking him (being a naive child!) why he hadn't married any of those women... He told me that none of them were as special as my mam, that they were nice women, but they weren't The One... Aww, love my dad :lvs
streaks Posts: 3592
[quote="Lilica":317tchuy]I wouldn't bother to be honest. I remember looking through photos of my dad in my grandparents' house... They were in his old room and some were of him with different girls at dinner dances etc. I found it really interesting to see that my dad had a life before he met my mam! I also remember asking him (being a naive child!) why he hadn't married any of those women... He told me that none of them were as special as my mam, that they were nice women, but they weren't The One... Aww, love my dad :lvs[/quote:317tchuy] Awww how sweet is that :lvs
Dicey Posts: 100
aww thats lovely. gives me a good insight. thanks a million xx my HTB better answer any questions our kids have as sweet as your dad :lvs
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I've seen pics of my mum with earlier boyfriends and its nice to see that she CHOSE my dad....i wouldnt go trying to force him
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Aww, I'm the same as Lilica and love seeing photos of my Mammy and Daddy before they were married. I think it was the first kind of insight into the fact that my parents are actually people and lived normal lives! You know, that their sole reason of existence wasn't actually to have me! :o0
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
[url:jlfep1q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJXbIP83A8[/url:jlfep1q4] "I've already forgotten every woman but you....."