Photogaphers/Prices - Any Suggestions/Feedback ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mademoiselle Posts: 116
Hi, I'm looking at different photographers at the moment and have come across the following: Mark Griffin, Mark Donovan, Isabelle Coyle, Pauline Dennigan, Brian Terry, John Sexton Does anybody have any experience in having dealt with these people? I like all of their styles but they do vary in quotes and I really just want the best (but most reasonably priced) person on the day. I've searched here and have seen good reports on some of these photographers. Also, what is the usual amount being quoted for 2010? I thought, that with the big "R", things might have dropped a good bit but prices don't seem to have changed all that much....I'm being quoted anything from €2k to €4.5k Thanks for your help :)
doodini Posts: 159
Hey there, I can recommend Emily Quinn - not much bridal on her website as she's setting up a new website specially for weddings but she's done tonnes of weddings and I think would be on the reasonable end of the price scale. I've dealt with her professionally and she'll be doing my wedding in Sept (if I manage to book a venue!!). Thanks Claire
chloe2009 Posts: 454
A friend of mine is really into photography and he got married recently. He used Mark Griffin and thought he was brilliant. Seen the pics he took myself online and they are great. Loved that he spent time with both the bride and groom the morning of the wedding. he has great shots of the lads with their pint of guinness! Have no idea what he charged though. Where are you getting married? I've been quoted anything from 1500 upwards, but it seems to be around 950ish if you just want the CD? Hope this helps!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
it all depend how much you wanna spend. i would go by price alone. we originally looked & almost booked a photographer from letterkenny dermot donohue was €4885 we have gone with eric savo from wicklow who is amazing, did h2b sisters photos too. hes €1950. (look eric up on this website, gets great reviews)
Hey girls, Thanks a mil for those suggestions...I'll take a look at them this evening. The lowest I've been quoted so far is €1900 and thats for a decent sized album with all images on CD which I think is fairly reasonable. All photographers' quotes include VAT & travel expenses. TBH, I'd really only trust photographers through word of mouth because a website can boast anything. Thats why its really helpful logging on here and getting ideas from people who have used suppliers or know of a person through a person so thanks a mil for your suggestions and if ye hear of anyone else drop us a line :)
URSULA01 Posts: 12
Hi, Many of my friends have used a photographry agency from Belfast called Auroraphotographic agency but they work all Ireland and have very competitve rates check out their website I think they start with a basic package from €1200. There stuff is just fantastic and the two guys are lovely. If you wanted to see pics of a few friends of mine let me know.
perfection Posts: 837
im going with magda lukasiewicz... she was recommended to me my other woolies on here an you get a fab package for €500... she is based in cork but travels throughout europe and there was no extra charge for he to travel to dublin.....her website is . heres her packages ...good luck Basic Package- 500 EUR Professional photography from Getting Ready till Midnight Online gallery - 300 images, (all post-processed and retouched in Photoshop) 2xDVD slideshow with 300 images (all post-processed and retouched in Photoshop) CD with 400 high resolution images 50 prints - size 6x8 10 prints - size 8x11 Photobook 20x30 cm, up to 30 pages, containing 60-80 images All consultations prior to and after your wedding day Lifestyle/engagement shoot Golden Package - 1000 EUR Professional photography from Getting Ready till Midnight Online gallery - 300 images, (all post-processed and retouched in Photoshop) 4xDVD slideshow with 300 images (all post-processed and retouched in Photoshop) CD with 400 high resolution images 50 prints - size 6x8 10 prints - size 8x11 The main, custom designed album/or photobook containing 60-80 images, 30x40 cm 1 x Photobook 20x30 cm, up to 30 pages All consultations prior to and after your wedding day
OMG - these are pretty good prices -- why is there such a difference between photographers, especially during the recession? I really did think that prices would have come well down, or at least they'd be throwing in extra things like parents albums....Thanks ever so much for your suggestions. They are really helpful!!! :)
URSULA01 Posts: 12
Don't always be led by price, when it comes to photos I have had some friends and family end up with terrible pics because they were led by price - you put so much effort and detail into your whole day and want great memories - this is your pictures. See it as an investment rather than an expense and make sure the photographer is well established and you get on with them, you spend most of your day with them! Perhaps I am just picky but my photographer will be a very tough decission - too cheap can send alarms ringing.... too expensive off putting but someone with plenty of experance, great feedback from word of mouth and a competitive price will keep me on track.
News Posts: 84
Hi, we used D Doran. He was amazing and good value. He got really beautiful shots and was so great to deal with. I would not hesistate to recommend him.