Photographer digital only package

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

louter Posts: 25
Hi all The photographer were booking does a cheaper package that is digital only so basically it's the exact same service as the usual but u just get all photos on disc / media stick instead of a printed album. There's a difference of about €500! Has anyone done this before who would recommend it?? I don't want to regret not getting the album but surely could print myself afterwards!? Thanks a mill
nosie Posts: 449
That's what I'm doing and my family have done it before as well... It suits me because I prefer actual photos in an album to a printed photo book and enjoy the process of making them myself. You can either do that style or there are plenty of websites that offer the ability for you to design and print a more professional style photo book at a later date. I'm not sure how much these are but if you do a search of the forum you'll find out.
Conormammy Posts: 404
hi louter, I had initally planned on getting the disc only package, but after talking to others who have done I deceided against it, they said they only ever printed a few of the photographs and they still dont have an album, but if you like a diy project id say you could get a beautiful album put together yourself, i'm someone who has great intentions but limited time, so thats why I deceided against it! hth
poppingcandy Posts: 593
We went for this package with our photographer, and he also offered that we can ad the album after we get the photo's if we want, or even in a years time he would still do it. Maybe check if this would be an option if you changed your mind. I am thrilled with our photo's and looking forward to giving it a bash at making my own so if anyone has any good website for this please send them on (not photobox). :)
louter Posts: 25
Thanks a mill for your help.. Think we might give it a bash! It's a good saving at the end of the day :)
Cazflan Posts: 353
I went disc only also, mainly for the cost reasons. I know an albums lovely to have but realistically I see it as something gathering dust on the shelf in time. I know loads of people spent a fortune on their wedding album & still haven't picked the photos yet. Some are two years after the wedding. I Will do up my own album afterwards I think.