photographer - dvd of pics vs proofs??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cheeky Monkey Posts: 52
We've narrowed down our search to two photographers, but need some help....... :? No. 1 also brings his wife, but does not provide proofs. Instead he places all the pics on the web (with a secure password) and you pick from that. You also get a DVD of the pictures, but can't print any further photos from either the DVD/web site. Albums look great and he checks out where you want to have pics the day before for any problems...... No. 2 is on his own has most of the same options as No. 1 but does provide proofs. His albums are similar to the first photographer. Prices are also similar. Really liked both but the proofs thing is putting me off the first - I like the idea of physically having the proofs rather than the DVD, but there's 2 for the price of one with no. 1....does it really matter.....?? :?
Perci Posts: 3847
Hiya, Would photographer no.1 be Portmarnock Photohouse?
xxGroomxx Posts: 19
Something else you may want to consider when choosing a photographer is the price they charge for extra prints. If you and your family and other guests will want to get a few of the photos printed it might be wise to agree a price per print up front.
mad woman Posts: 22106
go for no 2, I think you would be more comfortable with him.
summerhk Posts: 99
I looked at a lot of photographers and had the same dilemma. I decided to go for the proofs since I find it easier to get an idea of what the finished product will look like. Go with what's more comfortable and convenient for you. For what it's worth the photographer I hired works alone and his portfolio and finished albums look just as comprehensive as ones I've seen with 2 photographers on the job. best of luck!