Photographer Needed..something different?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sassyshoes Posts: 93
Hi All !! Need your help, am getting married next year and where currently looking for a photographer.. am looking for something a bit different.. don't want the same boring shots, looking for a wedding photographer with a twist ??! Wedding will be held outside Dublin..
teapotty Posts: 2085
Hiya! I was the same, I wanted something a little different. I don't think there's any easy way to find what you want except to trawl through the websites of various photographers and see what you like best. I booked David Ryan The shots really caputure special moments, expressions and people seem generally very unaware of the camera so it looks really natural. It's called "reportage" photography- I didn't even know that's what I was looking for until I found it. I just kept saying no, no, no to so many photographers because they looked so posed and formal. Roger Overall has fabulous photos but we just couldn't afford him- but if you have the budget then I think you should really consider him. And finally beware of photographers who will tell you that they can do reportage style if they haven't actually shown you photos done in this style.
Peaches78 Posts: 768
Hi, we wanted the same & I searched everywhere till I came across Warren Feathers wfeathers.com....see what you think...I have a few pics up on Wedding Reports, Lough Eske Castle....hth x
Muse Posts: 1580
Have a look on Susan Jefferies' website. I thought her pics were alot better than most photographers, in that they're a bit different.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
We have woodward in Killarney booked and their work is amazing, bit over the average but the work is amazing every time, check em out on FB!!!