Photographer recommendations needed please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

smiles12 Posts: 76
I have just started looking into photographers and am shocked by how much they cost! A friend recently got married and I LOVED her photos...but the cheapest package her photographer offers is 2600 and thats without the rights to the photos after-no CD etc! The is much more expensive than I imagined it would be and to be honest is out of our price range all together. But I really want fabulous photos...! Here is my wish list, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated (if possible with rough prices); - Reportage photography mainly (with some of the 'must have' posed photos also) - A CD of the photos so we can print off as many as we want - In the Dublin area - Make me look fabulous!!!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Magda lukas is excellent- Cork based but travels all over the country and doesn't charge any extra for mileage. Her most expensive package is 1300euro's and her style is very like that of US blogs like stylemepretty.com She's coming to Dundalk for ours Similar styles: Darren Purcell from visionary photography Brosnan White Tea (more expensive but also excellent)
dmcphotography Posts: 1365
Hi smiles12 I am sure if you look through the photographers on WOL that there are lots of good, talented photographers out there who would give you a full day coverage of your wedding and supply you with a 30 + page storybook album for 1000 euro less than you have quoted including a printable disc. At the moment I have on offer for 1500 euro a 30 page leather full size professional storybook album, two 20 page leather parent albums, a framed signature board photograph for your guests to sign at your wedding, a calendar, a voucher for 3 sessions of baby photography (valid for 5 years), a fully edited disc of printable images and a DVD slideshow of approx 400-500 photographs from your wedding set to music. Yes, thats right and thats not all. For any brides that book a wedding album package with me before the end of May 2011 for weddings in 2011,2012 or 2013 they will also receive a 19" flatscreen TV/DVD combination as part of their package. (ideal for viewing your proofs on) David
Elphaba Posts: 741
Love his photos.
mince Posts: 72
David Knight Photography....... Cannot recommend him highly enough. He is based near Boyle in Roscommon but travelled to Galway for our wedding without extra cost. Gifted Photographer, check out his website....
mrs2013 Posts: 213
We have eoghan o sullivan booked he did a friends wedding and I loved his work and his prices are excellent.
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
We goin for Trish from , really liked her and her most expensive album is €2500,she finishes after first dance for all packages....her albums are fab....i was sold as soon as i saw them, photos really good. HTH O:o)
BigBird1 Posts: 1727
Hi We've booked Sheenagh Morley from Bismark Photography - she's based in Cork but im sure would travel. They're v.reasonable,and i know the 2 packages we're considering are 1200 or 1400 including the album, parent albums and sibling/ BM albums, and then the option for a canvas of your favourite pic. she did my friends wedding last year and their album is FAB! Their website is: HTH and best of luck!!