Menu

Photographers In Italy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chellie Posts: 4
Hi Am getting married in Tuscany June 2007 - does anyone have and contacts for photographers? Michelle
ZoeGalv Posts: 64
Chellie, Would you not consider looking for an Irish photographer who might be interested in a break in Italy at the time. He could subsidise his holiday cost and you would not have the language problem - assuming you don't speak Italian. Mind you, you would lose the advantage of local knowledge. Whereabouts in Italy are you getting married? Zoe
Spooner Posts: 274
We used a guy called Julian - his website is www.italianweddingphotographer.com. We got our album last week and it was amazing. He also sent us a CD with all of our wedding photos on it and we can print them off at our leisure for the relatives. I can't recommend him highly enough!
chellie Posts: 4
Hi Spooner Thanks for that tip. I looked at the website and the work looks really noce. I have emailed him and I await a reply. Can I ask - what package did you get and can u give me a rough cost. Iam using a wedding planner in Tuscany but the people she suggested seem to be very expensive! Maybe I was a bit naive about the price of photographers!!!! Cheers Michelle
orlad Posts: 4
I recently got married in Italy (23rd Sept) and I booked a photographer without ever having met him. We were blessed as we found the most amazing guy. His name is Maurizio and he does a complet report of your day. I'm not keen on posed photographs (although you need some for family shots etc.) and his style caters for his. He catches the moods and the moments of the whole day. He then sent us a CD with all our photographs (over 400) and also the most amazing slideshow with his favourites. The slideshow is done to music and is more like a video but with out the sound of people chatting in te background. I'm probably bias but I think its great. His website is www.mauriziotoni.com and our photo's are there under 'Irish Wedding' Wish I could do it all again!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Orlad seems to be advertising btw We still haven't decided, so are looking for feedback ourselves, but we've picked two that seem really good. Are these about the prices you've been quoted?? http://www.camerachiara.net The cost of our Photographic Service is of €1.900, composed from 80 photographs, hand printed (color and/or BW), album in leather plus a cardboard box, proofs, dvd (about 400 shots), two photographers (me and my wife) and 8 hours of coverage on Wedding Day. and http://www.domenicocostabile.com Formula "Basic" n.2 rolls of film color of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.2 rolls of film b/w of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.10 color print (size of photo 15x22) n.10 b/w print (size of photo 15x22) n. 1 CD with 20 photos Maximum time for service 3h n.1 deliver package Euro 800,00 Formula "Medium" n.3 rolls of film color of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.3 rolls of film b/w of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.15 color print (size of photo 15x22) n.15 b/w (size of photo 15x22) n.1 CD with 30 photos Maximum time for service 4h n.1 deliver package Euro 1.150,00 Formula "Gold" n.4 rolls of film color of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.4 rolls of film b/w of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.20 color print (size of photo 15x22) n.20 b/w (size of photo 15x22) n.1 CD with 40 photos Maximum time for service 5h n.1 deliver package Euro 1.350,00 Formula "Premium" n.5 rolls of film color of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.5 rolls of film b/w of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.30 color print (size of photo 20x30) n.30 b/w (size of photo 20x30) n.1 handicraft album in florentine paper (size 35x35) n.1 CD with 60 photos Maximum time for service 8h n.1 deliver package Euro 1.600,00 Formula "Top" n.5 rolls of film color of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.5 rolls of film b/w of 36 pictures+proof books+negatives n.35 color print (size of photo 20x30) n.35 b/w (size of photo 20x30) n.1 handicraft album all leather (size 35x35) n.1 CD with 70 photos Full Time n.1 deliver package Euro 2.000,00
Spooner Posts: 274
Hi Michelle I sent you a P.M.!
ZoeGalv Posts: 64
I agree, Orlad does seem to be advertising. But have you looked at his web-site - I hate to say it but the pictures are gorgeous. Zoe
orlad Posts: 4
I promise you this isn't an advert. I know I've never got involved in a discussion before on this site so can understand why you'd think so. I just remember how hard it was to find a photographer in Italy and when I tried to find help I couldn't. The hotel had recommended someone but I thought his photos looked very stiff and not what I wanted. I have nothing to gain, just wanted to offer a helping hand. Anyway if you like what you see on the website go for it, if you don't then don't the choice is yours. Best of luck to you all anyway and I hope you day lives up to your dreams, mine did. :wv