Photos in kenmare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

igottafeeling Posts: 195
Hi I am BM for my friend in June and she is getting married in Kenmare. They dont really have a place for photos and I said we would ask here if there is anywhere nice for outside photos within the town area or within a few miles radius that we can go for her photos?? Not from the area so just wondering if the wollies can help me!
Srian Posts: 179
It would probably depend on what direction you are coming from and what time of year. In front of Star Sailing centre, couple of miles outside kenmare on CTB road, you can easily get out of cars. concrete pier. Lovely back drop of the sea, an island and the mountains behind.
Hi Srian They are getting married in July. Coming from bantry but didnt want to stop in Glengarriff as her sister got married there and all the photos would be the same and wanted to get to hotel fast. Would they be long backtracking from kenmare to star sailing?
Srian Posts: 179
Website says 5 mins from kenmare and it is on the right side of the town for you. If they are coming over the gap from Glengarriff to Kenmare, they will have to get some photo's at the top of the mountain. The view is fantastic. Photographer will probably want to stop and take a few there. Only thing is, the distance in the photo shot. the scenery is beautiful but along way behind them. Somewhere else i thought of in the town is Kenmare Park hotel have lovely gardens. I don't know what the story would be or would they let someone take photos but could be worth a phone call
Thanks a million Srian Will give her the number of the park cos those gardens look fab! And we can have a little tipple in the bar too!!! O-O