Picked a hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shinney Posts: 266
Hey, all just had to come on and post. After much deliberation (seriously my head has been wrecked for the last few months) i think we've finally chosen a hotel. Its one that we'd totally discounted cause it was our local and i felt it was too familiar to us. Went down today with dp and my mum and fell in love. The manager couldnt have been nicer, prices are great (and this years are guaranteed until 2011), we saw the room set up and it was lovely and all in i couldnt find a problem with it. Haven't it booked yet, will do that in a couple of weeks but for now im :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll . Taking my mam out later for dinner for her birthday and im looking forward to relaxing knowing i have the choice made. Its great to have something done. :wv
jmeath Posts: 5740
Did you go with the Newgrange? Great choice, its meant to be fab for weddings!
Shinney Posts: 266
I did and loved it I have to say. Was suprised walking through it the nice parts of it i hadnt noticed before. The residents bar which is reserved for the wedding is lovely, they had it set up lovely and the room was just fab, numbers were 130ish and it was spaced really well. We're going down in a couple of weeks to book and finalise details but for now im really happy with everything. Great to have the decision made, book the church now and i'll relax for a year or so before i start looking properly for bands etc.
LM24 Posts: 932
Hi Shinney, congrats! I totally know how you are feeling, its such a weight off the shoulders when you have the venue O-O
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
hey shinney just going thru some posts and saw this congrats to you both on picking the hotel,,,,happy planning for the rest aswell O-O
sarakg83 Posts: 347
i have newgrange booked too :o)ll i cant wait! we are getting married in the hotel. there packages are amazing *)