Menu

Picky Groom to be - need the right venue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

anideais Posts: 1
We are having difficulty finding a venue that ticks all the boxes. Believe it or not it isn't me who is the problem rather my Groom to be. Want list * Exclusive wedding venue * Rustic/renovated older venue * Accommodation at the wedding venue * B&B for 100 guests * Capacity of approximately 150 guests * Reception room to be apart of the building * Ability to hold civil ceremonies Don't want * Hotel/modern venue * No marquee We do like the following, but it appears that the accommodation for all the guests is the problem. * Ballymagarvey Village * Clonabreaney House * Larchfield Estate Can someone point me in the right direction?
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Have you looked at Cabra Castle in Kingscourt Co. Cavan?? It is a hotel and the reception room is attached to the hotel but you wouldn't have guests wandering around the hotel...
MrsAmy Posts: 983
Do all the guests have to stay on site? WOuld local guesthouses/hotels/bnbs not do? Apart from that, check out Blue Book - they're all beautiful venues, and some definitely would be big enough to cater for your numbers, with civil ceremony capabilities and they mostly all offer exclusivity, and they're old country house type places so should tick your rustic box... :heartbeat: Castle Leslie!!! Also check out hiddenireland... same type of thing, big old country houses! :-) Best of luck!
shellym12 Posts: 184
Ghan House in Carlingford is another.... Darver Castle outside Dundalk.... Narrow Water Castle in Warrenpoint....
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
+1 to Darver Castle & Castle Leslie
flor Posts: 1621
hi anideais, how about middleton park house? ww.mph.ie also, www.irelands-blue-book.ie & ireland-guide.com might give you some ideas.
highbeam Posts: 2578
Middleton Park or Tankardstown House?
MrsAmy Posts: 983
I don't think Middleton Park have enough bedrooms for 100 people - I might be wrong though... :-/
winter2012bride Posts: 172
Have you checked out Kilashee House Hotel (Naas), Castle Durrow (Laois) or village at Lyon (Celbridge) - all meet most if not all of your groom's criteria!
allthingssparkley Posts: 110
Have you looked at Castle Durrow, might not have the accomodation but there is a hotel straight across the road thats only a 2min walk. Finnstown House in Lucan is lovely, not exclusive but the weddings are in a separte part of the hotel. Tankardstown looks lovely too!