Piles (help!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby peanut Posts: 810
Girls, I hope some of you can give me some advise. Had the same problem on my last pregnancy :o( This is the first time I've had them this time. I think it's just pressure causing them as I'm regular enough going to the loo. Thing is, they're soooo painful especially last night :o( Can I only take over the counter medication or would it be worth going to doc to see if I can get something stronger? I don't have an appointment with GP till next week so would I be wasting my time going? Also if you know of any other remedies I'd be grateful from the 'bottom' of my whatever :o0
alton Posts: 3077
Haven't had them ....yet (where's the finger-crossing/ wood touching emoticon when you need it?) but there was a post about them a while back that might be useful http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... highlight=
Ha, thanks, but that thread is about avoidance *) I'm already there :o0 If you haven't got them alton, do everything in your power to avoid :o0
nea dude Posts: 749
baby peanut can i ask you if you had piles before any of your pregnancies or if you just got them during pregnancy. I'm dreading the thoughts of getting them. My iron is very low right now and my doc has told be to increase iron intake to three times a day. I'm just wondering if these are things that can happen randomly or are people prone to them outside of pregnancy at more of a risk of getting them during pregnancy.
Not good news I'm afraid, I got them last time around 30 weeks, I was put on triple iron dose at about 26 weeks :o( Only thing was, the iron didn't have the effects on me that it has on other other people actually the opposite. Almost had the runs(sorry tmi) Personally I think the pressure of a growing baby on your pelvic floor is a big cause. Do your exercises and you might avoid them. I didn't have them for last 4 years after DD was born *)
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I got them after DD was born. GP gave me the Scheriproct suppositories and the ointment. I used the supp. the first time around and didn't bother with the cream because it cleared up. They came back though after a while (3mths maybe) and because I had the cream at home I used it. It stopped being painful after 3days so I stopped with the cream but it's sore again so I think I'll use the cream again. If you look at the M&K forum there's loads of Piles topics!!!
bride. Posts: 3014
I don't know if you can take the Scheriproct suppositories while you are pg, I know they are great for afterwards though. My GP wouldn't give me anything because they are steroidal so I'm stuck with Preparation H and Anusol cream. They don't seem to be getting rid of the problem but they do give relief. Sorry I don't have better news for you.
Thanks for the replys, I was desperate so just been to the chemist and got anusol. She said it's safe during pregnancy as has no steroids. Anything else stronger has to wait until after :o( God, it was soooo embarrassing :o0 Just having to ask. :-8
mama2E Posts: 670
baby peanut - I remember reading somewhere about a product called Arnicia (Sp) its a natural/ herbal cream from the likes of holland and barrett health shops as far as I know its for piles and is safe during preg. They advertise quite a bit in the pregnancy mag. I haven't suffered from piles but have a massive fear of getting them. Hope you get some relief soon!
Is that arnica you mean, coz I have that in the house. I thought it was for bruising and healing etc. We call it magic cream in our house, for DD *) I don't have the leaflet for it though. I don't know if I want to put it near my 'pain in the bum' incase it stung or something :o0