Piles- never known pain like this before (sorry TMI)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ConfusedBride2Be Posts: 463
Hi Girls, Can someone please help me. I have piles (sorry TMI) since Saturday but today they are absolute torture. I can't sit down, I've literally been crying all evening with the pain. I rang my maternity hospital and they told me to get anusol in the chemist and lash it on and take panandol and get my cons to have a look at my appointment on Wed but I can't stick the pain any more. I can't sit, walk, even doing a wee is torture. Has anyone any suggestions? I'm not constipated at all, the midwife I was talking to said it's prob just the pressure of the baby. Sorry for such a disgusting topic but I really am desperate for help. Thanks x
Shannan Posts: 1334
Get an ice cube and wrap it in a cloth, do not use it without the cloth for obvious reasons. If you hold it against it it should help to ease the pain a little. Might stop you from going totally insane anyway.
Thanks a mill Shannan, Ill def try that now. I'd try anything at this stage. I am terrified I'll go in labour as I don't know how I'd be able to push with the added pain of these f- ing things!!!!!
SuzyC Posts: 335
you poor thing i had them with both my boys and they are agony. I founf none of the pile cream stuff worked but sudocream eased the pain for me. I hope you find something that works
Mrs SomeDaySoon Posts: 117
i found some information in the internet which may be helpful for you... Natural treatments Some people[who?] claim to have successfully applied natural procedures for treatment or reversal of chronic conditions. These procedures largely echo the prevention measures. However, self-care measures, including herbal or "natural" remedies, should not be undertaken without medical consent to avoid possible drug interactions. They include: Reducing regional pressure in such ways as improving posture and muscle tone, or in severe cases, undergoing a profound psychophysical reeducation, by a method such as the Alexander Technique. Taking herbs and dietary supplements that strengthen vein walls, such as Butcher's Broom, Horse-chestnut, bromelain, and Japanese Pagoda Tree extracts. Drinking 99% pure aloe juice can also relieve itching and swelling.[citation needed] Topical application of natural astringents and soothing agents, such as Witch hazel (astringent), Cranesbill, Aloe vera, and honey. [b:fonctaew]Drinking chamomile tea several times a day. [/b:fonctaew] Eating fiber-rich bulking agents such as plantain and Psyllium seed husks to help create a softer stool that is easier to pass, to lessen the irritation of existing hemorrhoids. Using the squatting position for bowel movements.[15] For sufferers of hemorrhoids caused by poor vein circulation (coupled with varicose veins in lower extremities and/or varicocele), [b:fonctaew]sleeping overnight with raised legs helps reduce or completely eliminate especially external hemorrhoids. [/b:fonctaew]Using a hand held shower massage to direct a pulsating stream of cold water at external hemorrhoidal tissue for a few minutes each day tends to shrink the swelling, stop the itch and over time may reduce or eliminate the condition. Pressure used must be low at first but should be increased over time during future applications as tolerance builds. If hemorrhoids pop out of your rectum put a heavy dose of neosporin ointment on them then pop them back in. Placing an ice pack to an external hemorrhoid should relieve itching and swelling. Leave the ice pack on the hemorrhoid for 15 to 20 minutes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid [url][/url][url][/url]
wifetobe Posts: 1438
I had them last week so I know how you feel, you poor thing. I had back pain aswell and I took last week off work, don't care, was too sore to sit at my desk with them. I got anusol supposotories and cream and used both together and now am left with one (burst) one which is more itchy thank painful. I sat on frozen peas in a tea towel for relief and it makes them go hard and hence numb. Keep using the cream, I was using it a solid week before any change xxx
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Have had them too I know its awful. Try to lie on your side as much as possible, it will take some of the weight off, I found that helped a lot too.
Thanks a mill girls for all your replies. I went back up to bed when DD went to school today and cried my eyes out, I think it's an acumulation of pain and annoyance and just sheer fed up ness ( I know it's not a word but you know what I mean). I am going to have a long chat with my cons tomorrow as right now I don't feel like I can carry on much longer. I'm a woman on the edge!!!! :o( :o( :o( :o( :o(
burgundy4me Posts: 154
Anusol is totally useless unless you've just got a minor attack. Your GP can prescribe you a steroid ointment that is safe during pregnancy. I was very bad and had to have them removed by surgery a year after Babs was born. I used to use ice cube maker bags, then I'd take a Sitz bath. That's as hot as you can tolerate with a lot of salt added. You poor thing. It's so so painful :(
holmum Posts: 84
I agree, the cream is useless. I had a bad attack recently, doc said that he would give me supposatries as there was obsolutely no point in being in such pain. ( i had read somewhere you cant use supposatries when pregnant) but he assured me it was alright. Have to say, i am a lot better but not totally clear. I find baths ease things aswell, but nurse told me the ice cube thing was much better as the ice decreases the size of the pile, where the hot water in the bath actually increases it. Hopefully the doc can give you something stronger and ease your pain soon.