Piles- never known pain like this before (sorry TMI) - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

red_rubies Posts: 2424
Girls can I hijack this thread for a second just to ask how big your piles generally get? I reckon I will get them as they seem to run in my immediate & extended family (cousins etc) I have very small 'bubble' like things at the moment but they are not sore or hanging down but they can bleed slightly at times (only spotting really) Is this the start of them?
ConfusedBride2Be Posts: 463
Hi Red Rubies that sounds like the start of them alright. I'd def keep an eye on them if I was you. I've been crying since Monday with the pain of them. They aren't getting better at all, I've tried everything. Last night in bed I was praying they would be better so I could sit at my cons appointment today and eventually I just wished I was dead. I have never ever known pain like this before and I had a 9 lb 7 oz baby and loads of stitches inside and out and it was nothing in comparison to this. I'm very depressed. I cant bring DD to school as I can't sit, can't make dinner, sweep floors, anything, I genuinely can't go on like this O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
madhatter01 Posts: 495
you poor thing. I had these and they were so painful for about 3 days I was balling every night. I found that sitting in a warm bath for 10-15 mins a few times a day helped an awful lot. Then lash on loads of sudocrem. Try wear loose underwear and trousers and drink gallons of water, HTH
wifetobe Posts: 1438
Girls-I'm with you. Balled my eyes out with the pain. It's terrible. Confisedbride have you tried the bath? I did the frozen peas after the bath. Also my GP told me to take panadol and it REALLY helped me, even stopped the tears. Panadol is ok after 12 weeks of pregnancy although people don't generally like taking it, sometimes you have to. I genuinely feel for you hun :thnk xxx
suzietwo Posts: 55
Oh I feel your pain i really do, I had exactly what you had 2 weeks ago, they were so painful, i cired with the pain it is just so sore, and I couldnt sit down, lie down or walk either, I am 26wks pregant. I went to the nurse first cause was a bit embarrassed going to the doc, and do you know what the nurse said to me, "do you want me to shove it back up again" sorry to be disgusting" - i nearly hit the roof when she said it to me.. >:o( anyways to cut a long story short, i demanded then to see the doctor and he said there was a little clot on the top of mine, he gave me a local annastaic (sorry spelling is crap) and cut the clot off it off, that afternoon when the annastaic wore off, i cired myself to sleep with the pain, next day the pain was still there but it wasnt as bad - Then few days later, got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, and went to wipe, and there was blood everywhere, :-8 so i rang the hospital, and they told me to go and see the doc first thing that morning. I actually had to make the doc give me something for the pain, so he gave a steriod cream called "proctosedyl ointment" and liquid formula medicence to soften the stool, and paracotomal to be taken 4 times a day and I havent had pain since. However he did say that I will have to have surgery to get them removed 6 mths after the baby is born. i wont mind going for the surgery, cause i never ever want to experience that pain again its terrible. I also took a few hot showers a day and found that this helped also.. I know exactly what you are going thru - if I were you I would be down in the doctors surgery demanding he give you something to ease your pain Hope the info helps, here is a hug to cheer you up. :action31
BarbadosBride Posts: 448
I had them as well and I sympathise completely as it is the worst pain in the world. There is a cream and suppositories called shcheriproct on prescription which I was prescribed (anusol is useless), which may shrink them a bit. I had prolapsed thrombosed piles and one burst, but this actually relieved the pain somewhat. The pressure of the baby can bring them on. Talk to your consultant and see what he can do to help, I would gladly have had them surgically removed as the pain was so bad. Hope you get something to relieve it, in the meantime ice packs to numb the pain.
justwaitin Posts: 2462
im suffering too, woke up last night with the pain of them, ive got a semi ciruliar cushion that i had for bf that im sitting on, it keeps the presure of the back bit of my bum. i got awful piles during the brith of ds and can only imagine what theese are going to turn it too.
ConfusedBride2Be Posts: 463
Hi girls, thanks for all your kind messages. I met my cons today and explained the probs I am having and he prescribed a steroid cream and suppostories (can't spell- sorry) so fingers crossed they will start working. I have also been having loads of warm salt baths which def ease the pain and then use frozen peas at night time. Jez I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. Thanks again xx
burgundy4me Posts: 154
Girls reading all your posts and shuddering ! Just to let anyone know as i mentioned in an earlier post, I had a full haemorroidectomy. After suffering with piles I can only describe as closely resembling a bunch of red grapes, it was my only possible cure for agony. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I'd prefer to give birth to a dozen children. The pain afterwards was so bad I was almost hysterical. And when the healing started, the itch nearly gave me a nervous breakdown. But it was so so worth it. I have absolutely no trouble with them now. A painful memory :)
wifetobe Posts: 1438
thanks for your honesty burgundy-that does sound awful you poor thing. It's really bad. I only have one itchy one left outside, the inside ones burst and bled away. came away like sultanas in my poo (sorry tmi :-8 ) I've been trying to push it in this week as its small now but sure soon as you go tot he loo its back out (sorry again :-8 ) Anyway-bottom line, they are awful. A few of you mentioned these steroid drugs. I asked my GP for those and he asked mer was I joking :eek :eek that no way can a pregnant woman take them. And I'm alsmost 32 weeks preggers! Just to bear it in mind. The anusol supposotories and cream combined, whilst slow to begin with, did work for me, and panadol here and there :hic wifetobe xx