PILES!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chicken Licken Posts: 873
This dreaded topic again!! Ouch Ouch feckin' Ouch!! I have one "grape" and its awful. Went to the doc for a checkup and he gave me a prescription for Sheriproct and it is working to numb the pain and the itching. Can any of you fellow sufferers let me know if it shrinks the piles or is it just a pain relief? Spoke to my mum this morning and she said that when she had my brother she had a bunch of grapes :eek that they injected after he was born and they disappeared. Anything else you can think of for relief would be greatly appreciated!! :thnk
Idina Posts: 1289
I used the scheriproct suppositories a few weeks ago and they helped a bit but they are still not gone :o(
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
I feel you're pain I have them already and I am only 16 weeks :o( The doc wouldn't give me ANYTHING for them (have had then from an op I had last year) and said to speak to my consultant when I am in next with her O:| So I have been using Sudacream and it's been really taking them down...
Thank heavens for kandoo wipes!! :-8 :-8
charli Posts: 5994
girls i dont have them (yet) and didnt on my first but my mum said she got them on her 2nd pregnancy - so i know i am not off the hook :o( i have read that soaking some cotton wool in witch hazel gives great relief - though im sure it doesnt help with taking them away - but i dont know if anything will until after the birth. the witch hazel apparently is also great for stitches
Wannabamama Posts: 481
Oo dear, is this quite common, ive never suffered from them before do most pregnant women get them? :o(
fancypants Posts: 453
ooo I feel your pain! I got them after having the baby (from pushing!) and by God it was hell! But discovered magic cream called Hemoclin - not sure if you can use it whilst pregnant though - but it is worth checking it out. Hope things improve soon
Doctor told me that about 50%+ of pregnant women get them due to the pressure on the blood vessels in the nether region. Even if you don't get them throughout pregnancy you can get them during labour due to the bearing down and pushing of the baby out! :eek
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Yeah i had them on my last baby and they got worse from labour i taught i was going to die with the itch and the pain of them worse than labour i think.i was hopping ion and out of the bath like a looney for relief and was also prescribed scheriproct cream.I think the baths worked in the end.
Shilanne Posts: 304
Oh my God !!!! I have a bunch of grapes that are not normal. The PAIN - chicken licken - I didnt understand until now....... I am hobbling around.... Have prep H at the minute - is that the best for it? Did yours go away? Anyone else got any cures.... :-8