Piles - the glamour side of pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mommy2Two Posts: 704
I had piles in my first pregnancy from about 26 weeks. So sore but I managed them with steroid suppositories. This time they are back with a vengeance, horribly painful. Any more permanent methods of resolving these, like surgery? Or is there no point in thinking of that until after the baby? They're vile & I hate them! I only got to 30 weeks last time. I can't imagine being able to use suppositories for much longer - I'm so huge, how will I reach??! No one tells you about these things . . .
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I read something in my book about them the other day but I have no idea what piles actually are.. I know they're something to do with your ass and they're horrible but that's all I know! Should I find out or wait for the inevitable?? I'm only 6 weeks on my first
Ah don't take any notice of me MrsW, I bet loads of people don't get them at all. I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I can hardly sit down!!
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
They were the bain of my pregnancy. I got them sometime before 20 weeks and right up til the end. :o( I was constantly going to the doctors for prescription ointment and suppositories. I used Scheriproct, they were great! Sometimes I used have to take painkillers for the pain when I was between prescriptions. Witch hazel was also very good. It was a total nightmare though. Thankfully, touching wood furiously I haven't had them since giving birth. It's the one thing I dread about getting pregnant again. I feel your pain!!
Oh I'm glad to have someone who empathises. I can't really bring myself to discuss it with anyone in real life! My husband can barely discuss it - he's torn between sympathy and disgust I think :-8 I am seriously going to ask my GP about surgery this week, I want a permanent solution!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I got mine at 6 and a half weeks and have had them on and off since. Have a feeling they'll be much worse at the end of the pregnancy. Ugh.
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
[quote="Mommy2Two2B":36qwgbsa]Oh I'm glad to have someone who empathises. I can't really bring myself to discuss it with anyone in real life! My husband can barely discuss it - he's torn between sympathy and disgust I think :-8 [/quote:36qwgbsa] Oh no DH wasn't able for that topic of conversation at all. That conversation went....what's wrong with you....I have my "issues"....oh ok, did you take something for it. End of conversation!! If you only get them when you're pregnant they might be slow to operate I'd say.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Didnt get them at all on my first pregnancy but suffered wicked with internal piles and constiption for a few weeks when DS was a newborn. This time round though... BANG, got my first dose about 4 weeks ago, TMI here now, but got the fright of my life when wiping as there was the dreaded blood everywhere. Ate fruit and veg till ti came out my ears and suffered though... although now I have it back again the last two days. Genuinely didnt know what was wrong with me! Its an "outty" this time round and like a BOIL to touch. I have babywipes beside the loo......