pilko pramette

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tilsun Posts: 4506
I haven't done much real life shopping but love this pram on the internet. Does anyone have it, any feedback positive or negative? It says you can attach a Primo Viaggio car seat, but I wondered is it also possible to attach the Maxi Cosi as I have an offer of a friend's one so it would be a real bonus
marriedinmay Posts: 578
I would also love to know that too. What deign ie colour were you looking at?
marriedinmay Posts: 578
Bumo :compress
Only just started looking at it, saw a lovely brown one. Seems reasonably priced so might chat to them in store about it. Would be good to get feedback though
Gallifrey Posts: 472
tilsun and marriedinmay, I have the pliko pramette and found it great, lightweight and easy to steer ( a biggy for me), basket can be hard enough to get to at times though. I can't help with the maxi cosy car seat question but to let you know I got the primo vaggio car seat free when I bought my pliko in Mama's and Papas in Blanch. Its a good seat but extremely heavy imo. If the maxi cosy is lighter and someone can tell you it fits I would go with it tbh. best of luck, I'm on the hunt for a double..........
Thanks Gallifrey, great to hear positive feedback. Best of luck with the double buggy hunt
mrswed0505 Posts: 444
Hi I also have the pramette and love it. I bought mine 2 years ago. It was great when he was small and i used it as the pram when out for a walk. it is easy to convert from pram to buggy mode for when you are nipping to the shops from the car you can just put the car seat in the buggy. DS is now nearly 2 and he is still comfy in the buggy and will fall asleep and stay asleep in it for up an hour and half. I agree with Gallifrey the carseat is heavy even without the baby in it. I stopped using it when he was 4 months old. DS wasn't a big baby as he was premature. Unless the car seat is free when you are buying the buggy you could consider using the Maxi Cosi just for a week or so to and keep the buggy in pram mode and take the baby out of the Maxi Cosi and into the pram. even when the baby outgrows the pram the buggy is very comfy and can lie fairly flat too. If you find this too stressfull then go and buy the carseat. I too am now on the lookout for a double buggy but hope to be able to use the pramette with a buggie board for short walks.
Thanks mrswed. Glad you got so much use out of it. I don't want to have to get another buggy after a few moths so it's great to hear that O-O