Pink Discharge - 31 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oldwife Posts: 170
Hi Girls, looking for some advice. Went to the loo before bed lastnight & when I wiped I had light pinkish discharge with 2 pin sized dots of red blood. I wiped again & there was less with one dot. I went to the loo again a while later & there was none. Still getting movements. This morning my discharge was slightly pinky/browny but only just. Babs has defo moved down as my movements are much lower the past day or two. Should I be worried?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i dont think you should be worried hun, but i do think you should ring the hospital. always best to get their advice, esp as you only 30 wks. let us know how u get on.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Ring the hospital to double check, but I'd say your fine. Just the body getting ready
Daff Posts: 11644
probably nothing to worry about but call the hospital and they'll probably get you to pop in just to be safe. Did they mention if your placenta was low lying? or another possibility is that it's cervical erosion - sounds horrible but is nothing to worry about. I had it on dd1 and it's just the blood vessels around the entrance to cervix bursting with the pressure, didn't have it on dd2 though. best ofluck!
Thanks girls, I rang the hospital this morning but midwife was with someone. She hasn't called back yet, is that normal or should I ring again? No more pink since this morning thankfully!
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
no harm in ringing again. i would. just get some reasurrance.
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="PregnantDancer":2o5alo52]no harm in ringing again. i would. just get some reasurrance.[/quote:2o5alo52] +1
adelz Posts: 3088
I had red spots of blood when I wiped last Mon wk night. I had my scan the next day, so didn't worry too much but like you could feel babs moving etc. Now they were only spots on the tissue. Some times when wiped there was nothing, when went for scan said it to doc and she examined me. She told me Id tiny tear on neck of womb its perfectly norm she said as its hormonal in pregnancy etc.... She was perfectly happy with me to go home, but my gyne is super cautious and got me to stay in for observation....Now I mean he is super super cautious as I said the doc was happy to let me home. Was just in for the night and there was no more blood and babs moving about so try not worry, just ring and see what midwife says....Im back in morn for a follow up scan, which is great cuz I didn't expect to be getting one for another while, so all the better for me :compress
Thanks girls, I went in and they checked me over, all seems fine. I've to ring in the morning to get a scan as my placenta was low at 21 week so it may be related to that but they didnt seem too concerned thankfully!
adelz Posts: 3088
Thats good to hear, you really just want the reassurance don't you? Its good news so :wv