Pippa Middleton-Style Icon?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lux Posts: 6270
Is Pippa a style icon? Personally, I like some of her outfits but I don't get the "she has a great bum" comments, she has NO bum, she's teeny!
rubymoon Posts: 756
In my opinion she is totally over hyped and I am sick of seeing her name in style sections of magazines. She is pretty plain in my opinion. And as for her bum, what bum?
sally cinnamon Posts: 158
good lookin girl who looked great at her sisters wedding but a style icon.....NO
IdaClaire Posts: 143
If being thin, pretty and sister to the future Queen of England maketh a 'Style Icon' then yes she is. If we take away the last part of that (sister to the future QoE), then she is simply a thin, pretty girl who wears nice clothes. Not groundbreaking fashion now, just 'nice' clothes. This does not a Style Icon maketh. So that's a definite NO from me. Nothing against the girl like, but seriously Style Icon?! Any one of us could be styled and preened and made look our very best (albeit sans tiny derriere) but no-one would be heralding us as the next Coco Chanel. Now stick a future King into the mix and bam! I am a flipping style icon. So stupid.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="rubymoon ":3r5qlo7x]In my opinion she is totally over hyped and I am sick of seeing her name in style sections of magazines. She is pretty plain in my opinion. And as for her bum, what bum?[/quote:3r5qlo7x] Totally agree! Really don't get the hype!
Emme Posts: 4735
I'm not the begrudging kind and credit where it's due but I don't get the whole Pippa Middleton thing at all. Have to say I think both herself and Kate M. both wear clothes very well though, they have a natural elegance and don't need designer clothes or millions of accessories to look good. But she looks a good ten years older than her age. That all said I admire any woman who is still getting her periods to have worn a bridesmaids dress like that in a local parish church in front of a few blind grannies let alone in front of a couple of billion people.
MissBid Posts: 587
Personally I think she's very plain. She looked fab at her sisters wedding but thats because she was styled and fake-tanned up to the nines. And every bridesmaid looks well. But on a normal day, she's nothing special. I don't get the perfect-bum thing either. The dress accentuated her bum - but its nothing remarkable. I thought men went for curvy bums like J-Los and Beyonce's anyway...
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="IdaClaire":3l63lrv6]If being thin, pretty and sister to the future Queen of England maketh a 'Style Icon' then yes she is. If we take away the last part of that (sister to the future QoE), then she is simply a thin, pretty girl who wears nice clothes. Not groundbreaking fashion now, just 'nice' clothes. This does not a Style Icon maketh. So that's a definite NO from me. Nothing against the girl like, but seriously Style Icon?! Any one of us could be styled and preened and made look our very best (albeit sans tiny derriere) but no-one would be heralding us as the next Coco Chanel. Now stick a future King into the mix and bam! I am a flipping style icon. So stupid.[/quote:3l63lrv6] Yup, have to say I agree. I think both sisters are really pretty, and I have serious hair envy for Kate's glorious shining mane. BUT - I think anyone could look that put-together if they had the money, time and inclination to. There's nothing really ground-breaking or particularly new and striking about their style. I really [u:3l63lrv6]like[/u:3l63lrv6] Kate's style, can't really picture Pippa aside from her BM dress. But I don't think either of them are ICONS.
daacy Posts: 86
O thank god, i thought i was the only 1 who didnt get her, :o)ll never got d whole BUM hype, she has a great figure but to dedicate a facebook page to her bum is a bit much!!!!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="cabbagehead":2rtii4z3][quote="IdaClaire":2rtii4z3]If being thin, pretty and sister to the future Queen of England maketh a 'Style Icon' then yes she is. If we take away the last part of that (sister to the future QoE), then she is simply a thin, pretty girl who wears nice clothes. Not groundbreaking fashion now, just 'nice' clothes. This does not a Style Icon maketh. So that's a definite NO from me. Nothing against the girl like, but seriously Style Icon?! Any one of us could be styled and preened and made look our very best (albeit sans tiny derriere) but no-one would be heralding us as the next Coco Chanel. Now stick a future King into the mix and bam! I am a flipping style icon. So stupid.[/quote:2rtii4z3] Yup, have to say I agree. I think both sisters are really pretty, and I have serious hair envy for Kate's glorious shining mane. BUT - I think anyone could look that put-together if they had the money, time and inclination to. There's nothing really ground-breaking or particularly new and striking about their style. I really [u:2rtii4z3]like[/u:2rtii4z3] Kate's style, can't really picture Pippa aside from her BM dress. But I don't think either of them are ICONS.[/quote:2rtii4z3] Agree with both of these posters