Menu

Planning babies???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

booboo Posts: 622
How soon after the wedding will ye start trying for babies..and what age do you estimate to be when u have your first...I know more and more people are waiting until their mid thirties for various reasons...My friend is in a mothers and toddlers group and the average age of first time mums is 36....She at 31 is considered quite young... I would love to have one at 28/29..but its looking more like 30,assuming everything goes ok!!
Bulmers Posts: 1281
Hoping to try immediately after the wedding. I'll be almost 32 getting married, and I don't want to leave it any longer.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I am the same. Will throw away the pill a few days before wedding day. Am 32 now, will be 33 when I get married so don't want to leave it much longer than that to start trying. Am as excited about that as much as the wedding day! :lol:
rio Posts: 995
hoping to try after the wedding, so i'll be 26. hope all goes according to plan :P
Mrs Gill Posts: 223
Hoping to try next year. I'll be 29 then. Really can't wait, i'm so broody at the moment.
mrs bwin Posts: 242
Think we might start about a year and a half after the wedding will be 25 when we get married so there's no rush. But im sure that when we are on our honeymoon i will be saying we married now let's have a little baby!!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Hopefully next year we are married nearly 5 months but plan to move house next year and then we will start trying.I will be 27 next year and hubbie will be 30.
puggles Posts: 110
As I will be 32 when I get married (actually 32 next week!!) I suppose we will be trying as soon as we get married. If all goes well we will want more than one (2 is fine) so will have to start straight away.
AprBride Posts: 386
I'll be the grand old age of 38 and don't have any babies yet so we will be trying once the big day is over.
Dee06 Posts: 86
straight away, cant wait to have another one , wish wedding was sooner so we could start trying now!! i know its only 6 months but it feels like a lifetime sometimes!! We already have a gorgeous daughter aged 3.5 Dee