[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /u0/webroot/virtual/clients/client9/web72/web/lib/classes/supplier.php on line 944: Division by zero
Play school Blackrock / Monkstown
Menu

Go to Mums & Kids

bumble
Wolly Addict

Postby bumble » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Can anyone recommend a nice play school in blackrock / monkstown, Dublin. Dd turns 3 at end aug so thinking sending her in sept for 3 days. Have had her name down in a Montessori and she has a place for sept but its 5 days week they don't do 3 days and think it might be too much for her at that age. Anyone any thoughts / recommendations?
Missing my two angel babies in heaven
Jan '12 @ 16wks & Jul '12 @ 10wks

aurora
Wolly Addict

Re: Play school Blackrock / Monkstown

Postby aurora » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 am

I'd be interested in this too. Haven't looked into it yet because ds is not yet 2. I've heard of kids going to simba's just off stradbrook road. Think there's also one in that urban junction place on the main st in Blackrock. Heard of a place in deans grange but can't recall the name.

bumble
Wolly Addict

Postby bumble » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks Aurora. Do the people who send theirs to simbas like it? The one at urbun junction would prob be easier for me as its walking distance. I am thinking maybe just 3 days week as she will be turning 3 at end aug so still young. She won't be going to school until 2014 so will have 2 yrs of play school /Montessori so I'd prefer part time for first year and something not too strict as she will have so many years of that in school.

aurora
Wolly Addict

Postby aurora » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I wouldnt really know anyone with a child in there, i've heard a couple of people saying it was good in passing though. There seems to be childcare in the new mounttown community centre (http://www.mounttowncommunity.ie/Groups/child-care.html), might be worth checking if they'd suit. Rowan House Montessori seem to have half day option too (http://rowanhouse.ie/index.htm).

PaniniRoses
Empress Wolly

Postby PaniniRoses » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 pm

DD is in Weecare (http://weecare.ie/services.asp?p=3) at the top of Stradbrook Road and we are delighted with it. She's in the fledglings (toddler) room, so I don't have any experience of the playschool yet, but when I pass it on the way to her room it looks like great fun! Some of our neighbours have sent their lo's there over the last few years and been very happy with it. DD has been going for 3 days for most of the last year, so I presume the playschool is the same.
My gorgeous girl, June 2010
My handsome boy, July 2012

aurora
Wolly Addict

Postby aurora » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

I was thinking about mentioning wee care,
Didn't think they did playschool. What age does it start there?

John Walsh Guitar
PaniniRoses
Empress Wolly

Postby PaniniRoses » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm

As far as I know it's from about 2.5yrs. DD will be in her room til then, and move on to playschool then montessori...I think! I'll ask about it tomorrow when I'm up there and let you know.
My gorgeous girl, June 2010
My handsome boy, July 2012

bumble
Wolly Addict

Postby bumble » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Just a little update, thanks for all the input!
Went to see simbas on stradbrook road, think might go with that. They do option of 2,3, 4 or 5 mornings a week and they have a toddler room like playschool which is where I think I will put dd as she has been home with me since birth so needs slow intro! Will move her into Montessori room for the second year then she starts school sept 2014. It's nice and small there so homey feel to it and seemed a really happy environment. Rowan house only do 5 day week and wee care had the "part timers" in room away from everyone else in the basement. The crèche kiddies are in a separate Montessori in main part of house, I understand the reasons for this but as dd would be mornings only she would be in basement room just felt bit strange to me. Maybe I'm over thinking it! Just got the feeling it was all about full time/ crèche kids and the morning montessori kids were an aside. Seemed like a great crèche tho and lovely staff there.

aurora
Wolly Addict

Postby aurora » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks for the feedback. Ds is only small yet but if I do stay at home then I might put him in play school when he's between 2.5 and 3. Btw was talking to neighbour the other day and she has her little fella in simbas on stradbrook park and she said its fab.

rept123
New Wolly

Postby rept123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 am

Hello!

I want that my 2.5 years baby will be admitted to play school. So can you give me some good play school's suggestion?

Go to Mums & Kids