Playlist for DJ

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kenobride Posts: 43
Hi girls I want to put together a playlist for the DJ as i've been to weddings where the DJ has been crap and just don't want to take any chances! Just wondering if anyone did the same and if you'd be willing to share!? I'm not the best at these type of things and i'm struggling a bit! O:| Thanks for your help xx
candlequeen Posts: 991
I want to do this too. I am just going to give him 5 songs that we definitely want, 5 that are banned, and then he can do what he wants and play to the crowd after that. I don't actually even know who the DJ is, we're getting him along with the band - I'm going to send a list to their manager and get him to sort that for me. He's been easy and pleasant to deal with so far so I can't see it being a problem! I cannot attend another wedding where everyone is moshing to a remix of Black Betty. I can't do it. :o0
kenobride Posts: 43
Ha ha you are so right - bloody hate that song! Think I want to give him a bit more direction that just a few songs though - we got our DJ with our band too. Now I haven't heard any bad reports or anything but I asked him for his playlist (so I could just check it so to speak!) but he said he doesn't really have one. I was thinking i'd put 30 or 40 songs together and then as you say a few 'banned' songs it will be a start..... just have to get the thinking cap on! :o0
tippb2b Posts: 53
We are thinking along the lines of these songs.... Ac/Dc   -    You Shook Me All Night Long Ac/Dc   -   Thunderstruck Adams, Bryan  -    Summer Of ’69 Amy winehouse - Valerie Beatles - Get Back Beyonce - All the single ladies Black Eyed Peas  -    Let’s Get It Started Cee Lo Green - Forget you Depeche Mode - Just Can't get enough Dexy’s Midnight Runners  -    Come On Eileen Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue (remix) Elvis -hunk of buring love Justin Timberlake -   Rock Your Body Justin Timberlake  -    Sexyback Kanye West, Feat. Jamie Foxx  -    Gold Digger Kelly Rowland -    When love takes over Kenny Loggins  -    Footloose Lenny Kravitz -Are you goona go my way Lynyrd Skynyrd  -   Sweet Home Alabama Michael Jackson  -    Billie Jean Outkast  -    Hey Ya! Stealers Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you The Kinks - you really got me Usher Feat. Ludacris & Lil’ Jon  -    Yeah Van Morrison -  Brown Eyed Girl Wild Cherry  -    Play That Funky Music
Lillian Rudolph Posts: 16
That's a great list. I'd add in some Rihanna songs too- good for girlie dancing :o)ll
Annajoly123 Posts: 601
How about: Adele: Someone like you/turning tables RIhanna: Who's that girl/ Da one / Please dont stop the music Beyonce: Dance for you / Single ladies ( could be a fun dance!!) / Any beyonce is good!! One direction: what makes you beautiful Guns n Roses: sweet child of mine. Run DMC: walk this way Madonna: Like a prayer Whitney Houston:How Will I Know U2: With Or Without You The Bangles: Walk Like an Egyptian INXS: Need You Tonight Lady Gaga: Poker face/ just dance!
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
This is a selection from our 'To Play' list: Beatles Love me do Blondie Atomic Blur There’s no other way Bob Marley Is this love Bruno Mars Marry you Coldplay Every teardrop is a waterfall Daft Punk One more time Dandy Warhols Get off Depeche Mode Just can’t get enough Dropkick Murphys I’m shipping up to Boston Fatboy Slim Weapon of choice Foster the People Pumped up kicks Gorillaz On melancholy hill Happy Mondays Step On House of Pain Top of the mornin’ to ya Iggy Pop The passenger James Sit down Johnny Cash Ring of fire Joe Dolan Good lookin’ woman Jona Lewie You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties Lady Gaga Just dance Lick the Tins I can’t help falling in love with you Lykke Li I follow rivers (The Magician Remix) Madness Baggy Trousers Michael Jackson Don’t stop til ya get enough Mighty Dub Katz Magic carpet ride Mock Turtles Can you dig it? Morrissey Suedehead Mumford & Sons The cave Mundy Mexico Muse Starlight Olly Murs Dance with me tonight Outcast Hey ya Paulo Nutini 10/10 Primal Scream Country girl Planet Funk Chase the sun Pulp Common people Ray Charles Shake a tail feather Rihanna We found love Roxy Music Let’s stick together Saw Doctors Joyce country Scissor Sisters Take your mama Soft Cell Tainted love Stone Roses Fool’s Gold Sultans of Ping F.C. Where’s me jumper? Temper Trap Sweet disposition The Bees Chicken payback The Beloved Sweet harmony The Black Keys Lonely boy The Cult She sells sanctuary The Cure Just like heaven The Doors Touch me The Farm Groovy train The Pogues Fiesta The Stunning Brewing up a storm The Undertones Teenage Kicks Thin Lizzy Dancing in the moonlight Tina Turner Nutbush city limits Tone Loc Funky cold medina U2 Beautiful day (Oakenfold remix) Wild Cherry Play that funky music ZZ Top Gimme all your lovin’ and this is our 'Do [b:vm1lvs0j][u:vm1lvs0j]Not[/u:vm1lvs0j][/b:vm1lvs0j] Play' list: AC/DC Amy Winehouse - Valerie Black Eyed Peas Bon Jovi Beyonce - Single ladies (put a ring on it) Bryan Adams - Summer of ‘69 Cee Lo Green - Forget you Dexy’s Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen Dirty Dancin’ - Time of my life Gloria Gaynor - I will survive Guns n’ Roses Journey Katy Perry Kenny Loggins - Footloose Kings of Leon - Sex on fire Lou Bega - Mambo no.5 Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline Proclaimers Queen Ram Jam – Black Betty Rednex - Cotton Eyed Joe Tina Turner - Simply the best Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl Village People Weather Girls - It’s raining men
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
MrsK2012 I like your style our taste in music is very similar particularly your DO NOT PLAY list, I have most of your songs on mine too.couple of extras i have not to play is Country Roads, 500 miles, Raise me up buttercup and YMCA!!
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
Thanks Morningsun. What other songs have you got on your 'to play' list that you can recommend? Oh God ya.....hate that song 'Raise me up Buttercup' aswell. Will be adding that one to the list. We put down The Proclaimers and The Village People so that rules out 500 Miles & YMCA.
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
[quote="MrsK2012":2pfm5951]Thanks Morningsun. What other songs have you got on your 'to play' list that you can recommend? Oh God ya.....hate that song 'Raise me up Buttercup' aswell. Will be adding that one to the list. We put down The Proclaimers and The Village People so that rules out 500 Miles & YMCA.[/quote:2pfm5951] oh ya :duh: sorry glass of wine has slowed down my reactions :hic this is our to play list, I want to give him some scope to read the crowd so am just giving him guidelines but love all your to play songs S&M – Rihanna Low – Flo Rida Gold digga – Kayne West Maniac 2000 Shake that Ass – Eminem Baseballs – Hot and Cold Dirty – Christina Aguilera It’s like that – Jason Nevins vs Run DMC Saturday night and/or Macerena Few 90’s dance tunes (e.g Ace of Base, Faithless, Scooter, 2 Unlimited) Few jiving songs Can play a couple from Dirty Dancing/Commitments/Elvis/Beatles/Grease Normal pop – e.g Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, chart ….