Please dont say I have to reprint

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mooky Posts: 1501
Need your opinions. I've printed off all my mass scrolls (70 of them) and just noticed I've referred to the priest all through the scroll as Fr. Gerry (instead of Fr McCormack). He has already seen the scrolls and approved them. But is this to informal to refer to the priest by his first name? I dont want to have to reprint :o( I'm sure he would have told me if he had a problem with it
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
We are using the priests first name as well, anytime he rings us he calls himself by his first name without the father part so he seems quite trendy that way. I have seen other mass books doing it the other way so it probably depends on the priest. I wouldn't worry about it.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
My mass booklets refer to my priest as Mons Dermot, instead of Mons Lane. He approved them so I dont see any problem with it.
PixieMom Posts: 838
I've seen it done both ways - if Fr Gerry approved them already then I'd say he's happy enough. I intend on using our priests first name, Fr Tom , on the mass booklets.
mooky Posts: 1501
phew Thanks girls. at the time I was typing them I didnt see a problem, but when I printed i thought maybe it was inappropriate... but seeing as some of you are doing the same, then thats fine *)
marianf Posts: 5845
If you know the priest, I dont see any problem with it at all.
Toblerone Posts: 2698
def no! That's his name isn't it. We have Fr. John through out ours as that is what he is known as. As you say he would have said something if he thought it was important. Best of luck :wv
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I would say that it will be ok. I have printed all my mass booklets but I haven't shown them to our priest. I am sure that they are fine because we copied all the prayers from gettingmarried.ie so hopefully they will be ok. I don't think I am going to change them anyway!