Please find me a denim skirt

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifin Posts: 4761
Hi girls I don't wear jeans or trousers at all. I always wear dresses and skirts which are getting very tight (you may have seen my stretchmark post!). I have found some nice dresses online for everyday wear but I am just looking for a denim skirt. I dragged DH round Mothercare, M&S, Mamas&Papas, H&M, New Look, Topshop at the weekend (it felt like there were more at the time :o0 ) but I cannot find a denim skirt anywhere. I am looking for something like this one from Mothercare online but can't order this one as it says very helpfully on the mothercare website: "N.B. We are currently unable to deliver to the Republic of Ireland" Boo! [img:arom5cc4]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419Yo1DccAL._SL500_SY225_SX189_.jpg[/img:arom5cc4] Has anyone bought a nice knee (or slightly above) length denim skirt?! Please! :thnk
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Id be very interested in finding one to. I haven't come across any just yet.
snowbear Posts: 2107
I got a lovely one in H and M maternity. Lived in it 'cos was pregnant over the summer. Only problem is I'm still wearing it now with 15 week old DS O:|
Take your time hun :lvs I looked in H&M and I could only find a very short lycra one. I put it on and I was overcome with a sudden urge to wear leg-warmers and do Flashdance...to say DH dragged me out of H&M sharpish is an understatement :o0
tilsun Posts: 4506
Wifin, you probably already have tried this, but just in case you haven't. Try belly or bump bands (can never remember what they're called). I wore them over my own skirts with the zip open. Did the same with trousers, jeans etc and even though my bump has always been a biggie, I am only needing maternity stuff now. You can pick them up in any of the maternity shops quite cheaply. Like I say, sorry if I'm stating the obvious.
popple Posts: 1368
Wifin, I saw a lovely one in GAP in Dundrum a couple of weeks ago.
[quote="tilsun":ojhbzdqg]Wifin, you probably already have tried this, but just in case you haven't. Try belly or bump bands (can never remember what they're called). I wore them over my own skirts with the zip open. Did the same with trousers, jeans etc and even though my bump has always been a biggie, I am only needing maternity stuff now. You can pick them up in any of the maternity shops quite cheaply. Like I say, sorry if I'm stating the obvious.[/quote:ojhbzdqg] Thanks Tilsun. They were the first thing my friend suggested for me and gave me her one to try out but it didn't look right with the vast majority of my skirts and then obviously didn't work with dresses. Thanks so much anyway x I have a little while to go in my normal clothes but not that long :eek so was just trying to get most of what I need in the sales. Popple, I will be off to Gap! Thank you!
Thanks Mrs. Poppyseed, that one is only left in size 20 but the other one I love!! I checked the site last week and that was size 20 only too but now there is a size 14!! Thank you so much, I wouldn't have bothered checking the site again :o)ll woohoo!
tcm Posts: 260
Hi Wifin I got the mothercare denim skirt in Mothercare in Cork reduced to €10! just before christmas. I got it in mothercare in patrick street but I also saw them in Mahon point. It might be worth ringing round and they might be able to transfer one to your nearest mothercare store. MrsK
[quote="MrsK09":32awf5ac]Hi Wifin I got the mothercare denim skirt in Mothercare in Cork reduced to €10! just before christmas. I got it in mothercare in patrick street but I also saw them in Mahon point. It might be worth ringing round and they might be able to transfer one to your nearest mothercare store. MrsK[/quote:32awf5ac] Oooh now this is interesting. I didn't know if it existed in Ireland or was just on the website. I think I'll call round to check before I spend €45 + postage on the M&Ps one. Thank you so much everyone :thnk