Please help - freaking out

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I know its Friday evening, and there is not many online at the moment, but if anyone can help me, please do. I'm getting married, 3 weeks from today, and have been freaking out all week. Yesterday I was snapping all day at people. And today, when getting a cross & chain engraved for part of h2b present, I started crying in the jewellers, and I havent stopped - 4 hours later!!!!!!!! Its not wedding stuff thats freaking me out, cos everything is sorted. It seems to be just life in general. I feel like a total loon. I told h2b on the phone just now and he pi55ed himself laughing. He hasnt had to lift a finger for the wedding, I've done everything on my own with very very little help from anyone. Simply cos I stay at home with DS, and dont work, I dont like to bother anyone else, cos everyone works, and I'm sure they dont want to waste their few days off traipsing around doing wedding stuff for me. I feel like I'm going to explode any minute now.
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Mrs C 2B":1yg25k14] Simply cos I stay at home with DS, and dont work, I dont like to bother anyone else, cos everyone works, and I'm sure they dont want to waste their few days off traipsing around doing wedding stuff for me. .[/quote:1yg25k14] Calm down, and start delegating. There HAVE to be jobs that you OH can do. Don't forget about your bridesmaida, your best and grooms men, and your parents, as well as siblings. People will be only delighted to help. Go for a walk. Have a glass of wine. Make a list. Allocate one or two jobs to each person. It'll all be fine. Don't be a hero and try to do it alone. Remember it's a stressful and an emotional time. Don;t be too hard on yourself. But make sure your OH understands how strssed you are, and make his step up and take some respobsility.
kila2008 Posts: 678
Hey...don't really have much advice for you I'm afraid as not getting married yet myself, but had to reply after reading. I know its not much comfort, but these last few weeks will probably be really stressful. I know that personally I get really stressed out before events...I know its not the same thing but you probably have 1001 things going around in your head at the moment and you're trying to juggle all of those things while also looking after your child. I can appreciate how difficult that is...I have a 7 yr old and went back to college (just finished 3rd year of a 5yr degree). If you just need someone to talk to then I'm happy to listen. My friend got married in July and I spent the final week with her trying my best to help her out...although she's a person that usually never stresses about anything...she went through a whole rollercoaster of emotions. If there is anyway that I can help let me know as I would be happy to do so, as I know that we all need a helping hand from time to time so please don't be afraid to ask!
early days Posts: 691
Oh no, don't be feeling like that. Get a babysitter tonight or tomorrow night, head out for dinner or a few drinks and forget about the wedding for a night. You sound like you have everything sorted so take a time out, with H2B or a few girly friends. And book a wrap or something nice for yourself for next week, amazing how relaxing a couple of hours of pampering can be. Have some 'me' time and see how you feel after that. Guys rarely do much for weddings anyway, just :eek at the costs, but we wouldnt leave it to them anyway would we?! We'd end up having the reception in the community hall with a few kegs and a pizza delivery. Enjoy the next couple of weeks, dont burn yourself out *)
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I agree with Nozilla and Kila, you need to take a break for yourself, the last weeks of the wedding are very stressful. I found the worst thing was unexpected things, people turning up at the house without warning (running out for milk and bread at 10pm is a pain), DJ ringing to say he couldn't make it and was sending somebody else etc., all small things but big things to me that one week and enough to send me over the edge. Make a list of all the things in your head as they come and definitely ask for help, even if it means H2B taking your little fella out for an hour so you can have a bath or better still, book yourself for a body wrap or something and turn the phone off (by the time I got up that aisle, I was starting to hate my mobile phone, what did people do before they were invented :o0 ). Last of all, stop worrying, it all comes together and by the time the day comes, you won't give a fekc about anything except getting to that church :xox Best of luck :wv
angel1978 Posts: 1154
I know what you mean. Im not at that stage yet as i have another 12 mths to go but i know what your going through. I have 2 boys 2 yrs and 1 yr old and saty at home too and i am planning everything myself. The way i can relate to you is Xmas. Nearly every year 2 days before Xmas i break down sobbing. It just all gets too much for me. Buying the presents, Scrubbing the house, getting all the food in, wrapping the presents, sending the cards, Food shopping, cooking xmas day, Getting clothes for the family, blah blah blah especially on top of looking after the babies at home. Its no wonder its getting on top of you. I know its not much help but remember in 3 weeks time its all over and then thats it, gone, so try and sit back for 30 mins a day and enjoy your thoughts, etc. Have a glass of vino and say whatever goes wrong will go wrong but its out of my hands. I can nearly promise you it will all work out in the end and you will have a fab day, all 3 of you. xx
TickledPink Posts: 338
Had to respond. Take the night off when any wedding talk/thinking and do something that will make you physically and mentally switch off - like go for a walk/jog and try and do a crossword puzzle (or whatever types of things you are into!). Get a magazine/book and curl up - whatever it is keep occupied! Then try and get a good sleep - it sounds like you are a bit burnt out - take care of yourself! :action31
hick Posts: 858
Go an organise a few hours for YOU! Something like a massage and a lunch on your own or with a friend who understands, you don't need to talk about the wedding or life, just take some time out. Everyone needs to have a little "me" time every now and again, it's really improtant so see if you can wedge it in somewhere. And as the OP's said, start delgating, pretty soon you're gonna have to sit back and let things happen! Hope you feel better :wv
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
Ah thank you for the replies, I'm crying and laughing at the same time. H2B works 6 days a week, and only gets to spend an hour with ds in the evenings, before DS goes to bed, so theres really is no time for him to do anything. But there literaly is NOTHING left to do, I have everything sorted, even bought the ribbons for the cars today. And posted all the cheques today too, to pay for all the suppliers, so nobody needs to be running around with cheques on the day. I'm so organised its unnatural, so I dont know why my emotions are running wild. My BF is coming to stay tonight for some vino, but I cant talk to her, she broke up with her boyfriend last week after 6 years together, so she's coming over to cry on my shoulder. I'm glad I have all of your virtual shoulders to lean on. O-O
angel1978 Posts: 1154
Well maybe being shoulder to cry on will make you forget about all the stress for a few hours. Have a glass of vino for us fellow wollies O-O