Please help.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
I am a minimum of 9 weeks pregnant but should be closer to 10+ weeks. Had brown spotting today, was away for the weekend so had to go to Portlaoise maternity instead of Coombe. Vaginal scan showed no heartbeat. Doctor gave me no answers at all and told me to go for my scan with the Coombe in over a week as scheduled. WTF? What does this mean? I can only assume that no heartbeat means no viable fetus? Can anyone help?
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Hi Veruca Salt im sorry sorry you are feeling this way. Im no expert but from what i have read i think brown blood is ok cause its old blood so could be from implantation or something else. I dont know about the heartbeat but i wouldnt wait until next week when its your scan as soon as you are home i would go to the early pregnancy unit or else go back to portlaoise and try to speak to soneone else. Hope all goes well for you.
Thank you so much, my husband met me in the hospital and we came straight home. I rang the Coombe and they told me the EPU won't be open until Tuesday and to ring back then. :o(
poppylops Posts: 1363
Theres a A&E dept in the coombe you can go to if you are very worried x
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Hi Veruca As poppy said you can go straight in to the A&E at any of the Maternity hospitals. You might need to wait but you'll get seen today. It's best to get seen today as otherwise you'll just be worried for days. I pray that it all works out for you.
Thanks Poppy and Columbo, not good news, had bleeding during the night- went to the Coombe, they could find no heartbeat either. I have an appointment in the EPU for Wednesday morning but doctor feels I am begining to miscarry already. Just trying to get my head around it. x
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I'm so sorry to hear that Veruca. Try to take it as easy as possible over the next few days and look after yourself well. :xxx
candypants Posts: 8575
So so sorry to read you are going through this. Its the worst feeling in the world and nothing will console you only time. So take the time out that you need and look after yourself, thinking of you xxx
cw2bmum Posts: 387
Am so sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately I have only realised how devastating a MC must be since I became pregnant. Someone close to me had a MMC, before I had even met DH and dreamed about weddings & babies, & I am now feeling so guilty about not being more understanding & supportive for her :o(
babyforus Posts: 1619
I'm very sorry to hear you are going through this.