Please help!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohholymoley Posts: 2150
My friend is organising a suprise party for her dad and is sending out invites.she wants to state on the invites that no presents are to be brought,but if you would like to make a donation to cancer care or the hospice that can be done.how would you word it without sounding cheeky... 'no presents please,your presence on the night is presence enough.donations to cancer care if desired' ????? .her mum passed away from cancer and this is how she would like her to be remembered on the night.thanks so much!! :thnk
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
Yeah something like that but maybe make it a little snappier so it doesn't read as long. I don't think it would look cheeky at all. It's a lovely idea.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="Bigsurprise":1148ixvr]Yeah something like that but maybe make it a little snappier so it doesn't read as long. I don't think it would look cheeky at all. It's a lovely idea.[/quote:1148ixvr] +1 to this. Not cheeky at all. I'm sure people would be only delighted to make the donation instead, particularly given the circumstances.
Thanks for the replies!! Everyone that is going to the party will have fond memories of her mum so I think it us a lovely way to remember her on the night.trying to think of a way to word it that us short and sweet....any ideas? Or anyone do this before?
irishnumberplates Posts: 38
I seen this before and it said something like, "just your presence, no presents please-donations if you like to....
Thank you so much,that sounds perfect!!!
macattack Posts: 1617
What about "Your presence is your present, however, should you wish to make a donation to cancer care it would be very much appreciated." Something like that?
Sounds great mac attack,thanks again to everyone!!!