Please help - threatened miscarriage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
Hi Looking for some help. Have been having some slight bleeding, mainly brown blood but sometimes red. Went to hospital on Friday and they tested my hcg levels and told me to come back in today for second test. Also did abdominal scan on fri and couldn't see anything, which th doctor said wasn't a big deal - by lmp date I was 6.5 weeks. So went back in today and got another abdominal scan and there was a little heartbeat, thank God. The doctor said it is a 'threatened miscarriage' but didn't give me any other info. I'm going to go to my own GP in the morn, just wondered if anyone has any positive stories they could share... Had a missed miscarriage in January, so I'm terrified.... ETA - the scan put my dats back to 5w6d
theoracle Posts: 7664
They call it a threatened miscarriage anytime there is unexplained bleeding. It may be that there is a subchorionic hemathoma and the chances are usually very good. The fact that a heartbeat was seen is excellent. I am afraid there is nothing to do but wait, I can just tell you for what is worth that bleeding in early pregnancy is very very very common and not necessarily an indication that things will not progress. Fingers crossed all works out and your little baby bean is a sticky :action32
Duffers Posts: 1841
I wouldn't focus too much on the difference in dates. When they say threatened miscarriage that covers alot...due to the bleeding, they have to label it something. I wouldn't focus on that either though. Concentrate on the fact that you have seen a heartbeat. Stay positive hun, your body will take care of everything. :lvs
pixiebell Posts: 739
try to relax and take it easy..i had a mmc last july and on this pregnancy had a threatened miscarraige at 7 weeks, all u can do is take it easy and try not to stress.
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
I don't really have anything else to add to what has already been said, just take it easy and try not to focus on it, although I know that is scary! I had a threatened misscarriage on DD, and I remember being petrified with it, and the waiting was the worst wait ever. The fact that you have had a previous miscarriage must be adding to your stress levels. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :action32 :action32
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I had bleeding on both my girls, and LOADS of bleeding on dd2, bled frmo 4-9 weeks, bright red blood, clots teh lot. They always called it threatened miscarriage but sure she's up in bed now sleeping soundly. It used to freak me out but as the others said i think its just a term they use. I really hope it all goes OK for you.
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
Hi girls I wanted to log on and say thanks so much for your words of encouragment. They really helped me get through the week. Unfortunately, the story doesn't have a happy ending and I have miscarried again :o( Thank you for taking the time to reply though :lvs
LadyMaMa Posts: 64
Oh Fifi, I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you hon. x x
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
Oh Fifi, I am so so sorry to hear this :action32 My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
zoey Posts: 1574
Fifi I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I'll say a little prayer for your angel baby in heaven O:o) Mind yourself now :action32