please read, question re swine flu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi was in contact with friend last week whose baby is being treated for swine flu.. what should i do ? ive called doc, will buzz back, has patient with him. Any advice, cant find much from Ireland on net as in what to do? should i be worried?
whitedaisy Posts: 761
oh god poor baby...I dont think there is much you can do at the minute...just try not to mix with people until you speak to doc...hope your ok!
sharmon Posts: 437
Not much you can do except sit tight & hope you have not picked up virus. You did the right thing calling the doc. It is a flu virus like any other, you don't automatically pick it up if you are in contact with someone, remember good hygiene, wash hands cover face when sneezing & throw away tissue once used etc etc I'm sure you'll be fine stressing about it will only make you feel worse
Tks, to be honest, not stressed about myself at all just been in Mum and Dad's house and Dad has liver probs and Emphasima so open to it also was minding niece and nephew past 2 days wo are under 5. tks for advice guys
vitamin1 Posts: 565
can you go the doc and explain the situation im hearing abit about anti virul tablets tamiflu lately maybe you would be a candidate..
DaisyB Posts: 1708
hope everything will be ok!! let us know :lvs
angel1978 Posts: 1154
I would keep ringing the doctor. They may want to start your Dad on Tamiflu as a precaution or wait to see if gets any signs of it. I know the worry you have though. I have kidney failure myself and 2 babies under 5 and i am constantly worrying. I just keep getting this really bad feeling that something bad is going to happen.
angel1978 Posts: 1154
I would keep ringing the doctor. They may want to start your Dad on Tamiflu as a precaution or wait to see if gets any signs of it. I know the worry you have though. I have kidney failure myself and 2 babies under 5 and i am constantly worrying. I just keep getting this really bad feeling that something bad is going to happen.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
[quote="angel1978":3tu17onc]I would keep ringing the doctor. They may want to start your Dad on Tamiflu as a precaution or wait to see if gets any signs of it. I know the worry you have though. I have kidney failure myself and 2 babies under 5 and i am constantly worrying. I just keep getting this really bad feeling that something bad is going to happen.[/quote:3tu17onc] i am the same here with the bad feeling im driving myself up the walls with it.. my son is under 5 and am just worried sick something is gonna happen 2 him.. im driving my family nuts going on and on about it but i just cant get it out of my head wish i could :o(
Hi guys, sorry didn't get back sooner. Doc said no reason to treat unless I had symptoms and I didn't get any .It's a week now so think I'm ok. I must have just been lucky, all of us at lunch all ok,5 there incl 2 preg girls. Doc said would have symptoms by now. Regarding my Dad & kids, fact that I had no symptoms, Doc said should be fine but to contact for def if felt any diff, gave symptoms etc.. Tks for all advice