Please recommend a hotel in Paris

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

iconic Posts: 22
Me and h2b are thinking of availing of the Aer Lingus sale and heading to Paris for a few days in November before our wedding in Feb - flights are less than €100 for the two of us including one bag!!! But I am at a loss when it comes to picking a hotel, as there are so many to choose from!!!! Would love to hear from wollies that have been to Paris and loved their hotel :) . Criteria is central to the city centre and close to good transport links - reasonably priced would be a big bonus too!!!!!....not asking for much!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Many thanks :thnk
skitchums Posts: 1283
We stayed in the above boutique hotel 18 months ago. We found it on Tripadvisor at the time and it got great reviews. It's close to the Eiffel Tower and has a metro stop just yards from the front door, we could get to any part of the city so easily! Just behind it is a little busy pedestrian street with cafes and restaurants but we only choose to eat there on the last night. There's also a very busy "irish bar" 5 minutes away. The only problem I had with this hotel is that the rooms are very small but I think that's the norm in Paris unless you pay big money. I can't remember what we paid, it may have been €120/130 per night for the room.
[quote="Gamgelina":3tq48nbx]http://www.hotelmottepicquetparis.com/ We stayed in the above boutique hotel 18 months ago. We found it on Tripadvisor at the time and it got great reviews. It's close to the Eiffel Tower and has a metro stop just yards from the front door, we could get to any part of the city so easily! Just behind it is a little busy pedestrian street with cafes and restaurants but we only choose to eat there on the last night. There's also a very busy "irish bar" 5 minutes away. The only problem I had with this hotel is that the rooms are very small but I think that's the norm in Paris unless you pay big money. I can't remember what we paid, it may have been €120/130 per night for the room.[/quote:3tq48nbx] :thnk - that sounds fab! Sorry now to sound stupid - but is the Eiffel Tower close to the city centre?
paperclips Posts: 3146
Just PMed you :o)ll Link to the hotel we stayed in:
skitchums Posts: 1283
[quote="iconic":2cprkhlb][quote="Gamgelina":2cprkhlb]http://www.hotelmottepicquetparis.com/ We stayed in the above boutique hotel 18 months ago. We found it on Tripadvisor at the time and it got great reviews. It's close to the Eiffel Tower and has a metro stop just yards from the front door, we could get to any part of the city so easily! Just behind it is a little busy pedestrian street with cafes and restaurants but we only choose to eat there on the last night. There's also a very busy "irish bar" 5 minutes away. The only problem I had with this hotel is that the rooms are very small but I think that's the norm in Paris unless you pay big money. I can't remember what we paid, it may have been €120/130 per night for the room.[/quote:2cprkhlb] :thnk - that sounds fab! Sorry now to sound stupid - but is the Eiffel Tower close to the city centre?[/quote:2cprkhlb] It is but Paris is such a big city, the metro is the only way to get around and cheap too. You can buy day passes etc... My OH had the ipod touch at the time and we downloaded some apps for Paris and the metro, if you have an iphone then do a search for some very handy apps!
Gamgelina - just sent you a PM :thnk