Plus 1's

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Decisions11 Posts: 1246
What is everyone doing for plus 1's? For our cousins etc, some have partners but others don't. Do we send them all a "& Guest" (we would like to keep numbers down) H2b is worried that his cousins, who don't have partners will end up bringing a friend or some randomer.. Dunno what to do...
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
we have the same problem but i'm doing the same as previous cousins that have gotten married in the past. They have invited all the cousins plus husbands/wifes/long term boyfriends/girlfriends. Anyone else just got an invite on their own. we're going to do the same cos otherwise you could have all sorts there :yelrotflmaosmilie:
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Like Lousie we're inviting long term partners only. We're only having 13 cousins and I'm going to put the name of the parner on the invite. I'm colse with the eldest in both families and will talk it through with them so there's no hard feelings. In general we're only doing a couple of plus 1s. We would know the names of most of our friends/colleagues partners. I've already discussed it with single friends and they are not bringing guests (mutual decision). The only plus 1s we are giving are to singles travelling who won't know many people (2 people in total!) and older widowed/single friends of our parents. As a widow FMIL says it's horrible to recieve a single invitation so we're not going to do that to her friends.
Jawl Posts: 8881
Most people coming our wedding are part of a couple. I have two cousins who are single, and they'll be invited on their own as they will be plenty family there. Mr. Jawls got niece and 2 single nephews, they're not getting a +1 either. With 11 months to go, we've decided that anybody that doesn't have a partner up to now, won't get a +1. Don't want any randoms at the wedding. And the way I see it, there's plenty of people I'd like to invite, and if I have random+1s for the sake of it, they can't come.
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
[quote="Louise1981":2wiyg6q9]otherwise you could have all sorts there :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:2wiyg6q9] That is what we are worried about... :hic
starbar10 Posts: 991
On my dads side all my cousins are older so they are all invited +1's. On my mums side they are in the most part younger so they were invited as part of their family invites - aunt uncle and kids. DH's cousins were invited on their own as they are all young (except the one who we told not to bring her then 2 month old boyfriend after we told her not to - shes 18)
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
Yes we are doing the same only people i know and have met will be coming i dont fancy paying for loads of people i dont even know.plus all their family will be there.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Like others here, if cousins or friends have existing partners, whose names we know and we have met/heard about etc, then they will be invited by name on the invitations. Otherwise not. Essentially, we will not be putting '+1' or '& Guest' on any invitations.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I'm giving everyone a plus one, I think people can sometimes get offended if you don't add a plus one. the majority of people coming to the wedding with have OHs anyway. There will be a few who don't but to be honest I think they might not bother bringing a plus one anyway and if they do it will be someone I have met, like a good friend of theirs who I've met before! I don't anticipate any of our friends bringing random strangers but you never know I suppose!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
We're only doing this for a few people as in one of my mums friends who wont know people too well, that kind of thing. Other than that we're not bothering. If someone doesnt have a boyfriend/ girlfriend I dont see the point.