Plus size MOB Outfits

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsMuttly Posts: 377
HI All, My Mum is getting pretty depressed with the thoughts of getting her outfit for our wedding as she is on the larger size. Just wondering does anybody know where we could go shopping for her outfit that will do larger sizes? Thanks!x
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Arnotts & Clerys have loads of lovely outfits and they have great ranges of sizes!
Ya? Never even thought of trying places like this. The thing is to try and get Mum to go out shopping I know and she has said it already that she will come out crying her eyes out cause she won't get anything nice and I want it to be a nice experience for her as she won't get to be mother of the bride again so the last thing that I want is for her to be upset and miserable cause she will be dreading the day if she can't get anything nice to wear!
Married2010 Posts: 372
Are you willing to travel? Lynch's in banagher in co offally have a good range of sizes and designers plus they also have shoes hats and handbags too. brought my mam there but she had opposite problem to your mam, she was too small for the outfits (she is about 8-10). Ella marie in newcastle west is a good shop as well. Let us know how you get on
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="Mrs C 2b":14fgjf8w]Ya? Never even thought of trying places like this. The thing is to try and get Mum to go out shopping I know and she has said it already that she will come out crying her eyes out cause she won't get anything nice and I want it to be a nice experience for her as she won't get to be mother of the bride again so the last thing that I want is for her to be upset and miserable cause she will be dreading the day if she can't get anything nice to wear![/quote:14fgjf8w] I know exactly what you mean. My mam has zero confidence and doesn't wear dressy clothes - she's a jeans and nice top kind of gal. She was dreading going out shopping and it was like role reversal when we went shopping, I was like the mammy and she was like the awkward child. She got a fab dress in Arnotts but still doesn't accept that she looks amazing in it. The whole time we shopped she kept saying how she didn't want to let me down on my big day :o( Like with our wedding dresses I just kept telling her that there's an outfit out there for her. We have to get her dress altered as the straps are too long on it but I know she will look like a yummy mummy on the day!! Best of luck to you & your mam!
Thanks for the advise girls. My Mam is a size 30 / 32 so you can see why she is not looking forward to it. Will defiantly have a look at those places. We have no problem travelling, the option of going to America even came up so i'm sure Offaly will be no problem! haha!
Cudsxxx Posts: 208
My Mum was very worried about finding something too for similar reasons. Why doesn't your Mum have something made? That way she will be able to choose whatever she wants and it will totally flatter her.
Never thought of that.... But now that I think about it I don't think that it will work for her cause she is so self conscious and would be mortified if someone knew what size she really is, she always wears things too big for her so that people can't see what size she really is. She was in Limerick a few weeks back and she saw a dress and fell in love with it, it had a matching jacket, shoes bag the lot but she wouldn't go in about it because she is embarrassed about her size. So that shop may be the one that we go to first and see will they do her size or see what is the biggest size that they do! I know she wants to loose weight but she doesn't have time, she is a professional baker and is crazy busy with wedding cakes this year and my Dad is very ill at the moment so she is all over the place and just does not have time to loose weight which I know kills her inside.....
cvbgc Posts: 169
try tempted its a boutique for the larger woman its in drogheda raheny and wexford. they have a website too. think its
[quote="cvbgc":tfnybmc7]try tempted its a boutique for the larger woman its in drogheda raheny and wexford. they have a website too. think its [/quote:tfnybmc7]Thanks for this, will defiantly give them a call and see what they have!