Menu

Poem Needed Plz

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovelyb2b Posts: 733
Hi everybody, My bro died when we were all young and for my special day I really don't want him forgotten. I was thinking of getting a memorial candle and asking the priest to say a poem at the start and myself and H2B will light this candle together. Would anybody have any nice memorial poems please? Would really like to make it special and to have him part of our day O:o) Thanks everybody :wv
ela28 Posts: 2552
hi lovelyb2b I am very sorry for your loss,I am sure your brother will be with you on your special day O:o) I know I have seen poems on this quite a bit before,if you type in "poem" or "memorial" you should get a good list of them,sorry I'm not much help :-8
Mrs.daffodil2010 Posts: 385
HI lovelyb2b, I am sorry for your loss, I too have a brother who died tragically 10 years ago and he will really be missed at the wedding. :o( Both my mam and H2B's father are also deceased so we are going to get somebody to say this little poem/memorial while we light a candle. We are planning to light this candle at the start of the ceremony and have it on its own stand (we are having a civil ceremony in our hotel) and then keep it lighting to bring into the reception room, and have it near the top table for the evening....that means that they will be there with us for all of the reception. HTH [b:2k2i3fls]We remember today, ___ X's brother, X's Mother __ and Y's Father ___ who we wish could be here with us in body, but who are always with us in spirit. X & Y will now light a candle in memory of their loved ones. Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally. Though we cannot see you, we know you are here. Though we cannot touch you, we feel the warmth of your smile as we begin a new chapter in our lives[/b:2k2i3fls]
SummerBride82 Posts: 323
hello lovelyb2b, Got married on June 13 th and had this poem on first page of mass booklet, It wasnt read out.. My mother died 4 years ago and I wanted her to be remembered xx So sorry to hear about your brother, may he rest in peace xx ( I have edited to suit your brother ) Dear Lord please clear a spot for him he should have the perfect view. His sisiter is a bride today and I am counting on you. Let me feel his presence as I journey down the aisle. But let me notice his absence if only for a while. Let me stop to think of him, As I am given away. And know that if he could He would be here with me today Dear Lord please clear a spot for him he should have the perfect view. And if he should get sad today, Dear Lord I count on you…
PrincessMouse Posts: 47
SummerBride that poem is beautiful. I was going to suggest Footprints in the Sand but yours is so personal it would fit better.
Hi Thanks all for your replies, the poems are lovely. And very sorry to hear of all your losses also. I am positive each and every one of us was been guided on the day by those above. O:o) Summerbride that was a fab poem and I think I might steal it if thats ok. I might put it in the booklet but also ask the priest to read it out as we light the candle. Wonder would he?? Thanks again everybody :wv
Richard Gavin
Nemo79 Posts: 932
That is such a beautiful poem Summerbride.
kilkenny09bride Posts: 402
[quote="summerbride82":2chztc03]hello lovelyb2b, Got married on June 13 th and had this poem on first page of mass booklet, It wasnt read out.. My mother died 4 years ago and I wanted her to be remembered xx So sorry to hear about your brother, may he rest in peace xx ( I have edited to suit your brother ) Dear Lord please clear a spot for him he should have the perfect view. His sisiter is a bride today and I am counting on you. Let me feel his presence as I journey down the aisle. But let me notice his absence if only for a while. Let me stop to think of him, As I am given away. And know that if he could He would be here with me today Dear Lord please clear a spot for him he should have the perfect view. And if he should get sad today, Dear Lord I count on you…[/quote:2chztc03] I'm So sorry to hear of you loss. I also had this poem on the inside cover of my mass booklet for dad who passed away 19 months ago. It wasn't read out as I didn't want people to be to sad at the start of our wedding, but everybody said it to me after that it was a lovely touch and that because of it people were thinking of him so he was there in spirit. We also lit a memory candle for him which we them brought to the reception and had it lighting on the top table. He was spoken about alot in the speaches which I think is a great time to speak of absent friends/family as it is more light heated than in the mass. What ever way you remember your deceased loved ones on your big day, try not to be too sad as they wouldn't want that, I know my dad would have hated to think that we were sad and lonely on my wedding day, but he was with me all the way and that helped me. (IYKWIM).
dancingqueen Posts: 491
Really sorry to hear about your loss lovelyb2b....There are such lovely poems here! Best wishes on your special day.
Thanks v much Kilkennybride. It is a fab poem and we def going to use it. I am asking either my cousin to read it before we light the candle or one of my BMs have offered to read it. I think that even though it is sad it also is a nice way to start the ceremony, our wedding is going to be mainly family so it would mean alot to everybody. The fact it is my bro and all I think my parents esp would appreciate it. :thnk I am very sorry to hear about your dad also and I hope that u did feel he was close to u on the day as I am sure he was. O:o) Thanks again everybody O-O