Polaroid guest book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

deep1 Posts: 344
Hi, I am going to get pictures taken and printed with the new polariod pogo. I was looking at the photo albums to match but they seem quite expensive. Just wondering if anyone else used polariod photos for their wedddings and what guest book they bought??? Thanks guys,
Omacdee Posts: 16
Hi Deep, Sorry i can't help - I want the same info! I was at a wedding recently where the photographer supplied a polarid camera and the album - brilliant additon to the day and i would love to get my hands on one for our day too. What is a polarid pogo?
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
I contacted the good people at InstantForever regarding the pogo books and she said that the printer only prints 15 prints before the battery dies so would have to be plugged in while in use. So she suggested that I get the digital photo books as everyone has digital cameras and the printers aren't as expensive as the pogo. The reason the books are so expensive is because they are made to fit the photo's without the need for glue or tape or the like.
the pogo is a device that prints out the photos, u just hook it up to ur digital camera using a lead and its prints the photos directly out. COmes on sticky paper too so dont need glue, etc I know the battery will prob waste fast but will have it plugged in at a table. Here is the link The fact that the pics can just be stuck on means that i cld just go for a normal guest book or wedding album but id like to hear what others did. Thanks again
Omacdee Posts: 16
the album at the wedding in the UK was designed to fit polarid camera pictures - it had a slot in each page that you just slid the photo into. They had an old style polaroid camera (the big chunky one) which printed out the picture as soon as you took it. Everyone just took photos, waited a few secs for them to dry and the picture to develop and stuck them in the album. The pogo printer looks like a winner though - at least it is something you'd use again and if its plugged in you avoid the power problem.
thanks guys, just got a link from instantforever and they will have the albums for the pogo available in the next 6 weeks. wedding not till feb so ive lots of time.... Cant wait....it even hooks up to a mobile phone to print pics....
jmeath Posts: 5740
Great idea. I was gonna buy a polaroid camera just for the day but would much rather this! :o)ll :o)ll
cathycam Posts: 335
We had the polaroid albums and they turned out fab. We ordered them with Instant Forever, so they were pricey but totally worth it! That pogo idea sounds fab as well!!
we are having our wedding abroad and then a reception back here so prob have bout 200 sitting then the afters......so im thinkin i would need a lot of those instant books...n they are quite expensive!! Ill wait and see how much the new pogo album is - out in 6 wks time... Ill have the pogo by then too so i can see what i need. I think its much better than the camera cos at least u can print out pics of nites out, etc..... We have good camera so dont think we wld ever of used the polariod one again if we had bought that!!!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
You;d need 3 books probably with 200 people to be honest.