POLL: Have you slept with an ex?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Ok, so I'm getting weary of the Clocks going back and the Expert Mammies thread so starting this one. Yeah, it's a pile of $hi-ite but who cares! According to a recent survey, 47% of single women have slept with an ex. Most do so cos they missed the intimacy, others cos they hoped to get back with that partner. Having too much to drink, bumping into one another on a night out are other reasons given. So have you been in a former relationship, broken up and gone back for more???
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
Not slept with, but fooled around some. Wasn't looking to get back together or anything but I guess it was just a sort of familiar thing?
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I said other - I have slept with an ex but there were no loaded meaning, no drink etc. We did it because we still liked each other, still fancied each other and both saw it as no strings and a bit of fun. We are still pals now but don't have sex obviously.
katief Posts: 1900
Who hasn't? Not only are you doing the walk of shame, but you're doing the walk of shame with a "what a b*astard....I can't believe I gave him the satisfaction of it" thought in your head on the way home. Then you pull out all the ugly traits about him as you're trying to soothe your "I'm such a sl*t" self-beating as you're lying in the bath that night. Not good.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
[quote="katief":22ztw15x]Who hasn't? Not only are you doing the walk of shame, but you're doing the walk of shame with a "what a b*astard....I can't believe I gave him the satisfaction of it" thought in your head on the way home. Then you pull out all the ugly traits about him as you're trying to soothe your "I'm such a sl*t" self-beating as you're lying in the bath that night. Not good.[/quote:22ztw15x] Yikes, new levels there katief! I was just thinking "that was fun, and now back to my fun single life!"
Nubble Posts: 368
Yup. Broke with up with a guy after a year of dating, got back in contact after couple of years after a chance run-in...got married a few years later!! :action31
[quote="Girl From Mars":3brfvao9][quote="katief":3brfvao9]Who hasn't? Not only are you doing the walk of shame, but you're doing the walk of shame with a "what a b*astard....I can't believe I gave him the satisfaction of it" thought in your head on the way home. Then you pull out all the ugly traits about him as you're trying to soothe your "I'm such a sl*t" self-beating as you're lying in the bath that night. Not good.[/quote:3brfvao9] Yikes, new levels there katief! I was just thinking "[b:3brfvao9]that was fun, and now back to my fun single life[/b:3brfvao9]!"[/quote:3brfvao9] Yeah, normally that'd be my mantra also, but you haven't met my ex. And worse, the weird psycho has the cheek to contact you to ask "Wanna go the flicks?". It's my one regret i.e that I went back.
reine Posts: 1771
Yes. Numerous times in my sordid past with various idiots. Should've known better.
[quote="reine":1h8usvbt]Yes. [b:1h8usvbt]Numerous times in my sordid past with various idiots[/b:1h8usvbt]. Should've known better.[/quote:1h8usvbt] Isn't retrospect a great thing? These "idiots" should come with a health warning.
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Yup like Nubble I married him :xxs