Poll: Mock Presidential Election

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoesmama Posts: 2774
So have been reading recently about a number of potential candidates when the next presidential election comes around So who would you vote for ?
SpringChicken Posts: 666
ABB - anyone but Bertie.He's some neck on him to even consider running. But in the same way the he was re-elected in the last general election - there'll be some fools out there who'd still vote for him. He makes my blood boil! I'd choose between Michael D & Fergas Finlay. I voted for Michael D because I've met him a few times and he was always the most affable man. He seems to be a very hard worker and very genuine. I admire Fergas Finlay a lot too for his work with Barnardos.
Momof2 Posts: 3884
I agree either Fergus Finlay / Michael D I don't agree that it should be seen as a token office when you see joke candidates such as David Norris ( & I really like him as a person Ifind him most interesting but his interviews as to why he should be president seem to be very glib) As for Hook et al O:| that's whats wrong with this country we are largely apathetic (hope I spelled that right :o0 ) about politics and there is never a sense of a real change will ever come about the fact Bertie thinks its feasible to throw his name in the ring is proof of that.
gillette Posts: 1803
Ooh, great idea! Fergus Finlay all the way for me!
ott Posts: 3920
Great thread kc! But, ahem, where's Brian Crowley?
OTT please don't put him on the list he's another Norris there's almost a sense he feels entitled to the role..
[quote="audreys":fzt90ngy]OTT please don't put him on the list he's another Norris there's almost a sense he feels entitled to the role..[/quote:fzt90ngy] Well I hope nobody feels he's entitled to the role, just that he's entitled to the FF nomination ahead of Bertie. I would HATE to see Bertie get the nomination ahead of Brian Crowley.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
does it matter who gets it?? do they really do anything?? i think they should get rid of the president.. dont see why we are playing for a president and a taisoach (sp). America doesnt have a president and a prime minister!!
Well they're the head of state rainbow ninja I would much rather Mary McAleese be our head of state than Brian Cowen OTT I would prefer to see someone like Mary O'Rourke get the FF nomination she has always spoke up against her party when she's needed to clearly to the detriment of her career. Wouldn't rate Crowely at all..
[quote="audreys":2d2fvmei]OTT I would prefer to see someone like Mary O'Rourke get the FF nomination she has always spoke up against her party when she's needed to clearly to the detriment of her career. Wouldn't rate Crowely at all..[/quote:2d2fvmei] Oooh, I wouldn't been too keen on Mary O'Rourke getting it. Not a fan of hers... It's going to be interesting! :o)ll