Poll: Once a cheater, always a cheater...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
Inspired by coverage of a certain footballer!
im waiting Posts: 2727
I disagree! People do change so I don't believe in that saying.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
DISAGREE _ I am the proof! I was the biggest cheater ever, I cheated on every single boyfriend I ever had, some long term, some short term. Then I met my OH and I haven't ever cheated and never will! You just have to find the right person.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Agree in the most part tbh. From my own experience people may THINK that they can / will stop cheating but a lot of the time after a while they fall back into it again. I do believe they can change if they really want to but I think the temptation is just too much for some people to resist!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Hmmmmm- this is a toughie. I don’t think that just because someone once cheated on a boyfriend means that they will cheat on their current partner however, I do think that if you’ve cheated on your partner and get away with it you’ll do it again (to that partner). BTW- which footballer??
Rogue User Posts: 6101
[quote="ReginaFalange":1h5gur3o]Hmmmmm- this is a toughie. I don’t think that just because someone once cheated on a boyfriend means that they will cheat on their current partner however, I do think that if you’ve cheated on your partner and get away with it you’ll do it again (to that partner). BTW- which footballer??[/quote:1h5gur3o] All of them!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
just saw the footballer thread. I sat beside him once in the airport!! My claim to fame :o0 No footballer cheating story would surprise me actually.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="BrideOfRecession":2vwxshb7][quote="ReginaFalange":2vwxshb7]Hmmmmm- this is a toughie. I don’t think that just because someone once cheated on a boyfriend means that they will cheat on their current partner however, I do think that if you’ve cheated on your partner and get away with it you’ll do it again (to that partner). BTW- which footballer??[/quote:2vwxshb7] All of them![/quote:2vwxshb7] :o0 :o0 :o0 So true!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
I don't believe in the saying. You just have to meet the right person. :lvs
blondiechick Posts: 1641
If it was the case you cheated on a not-so-serious boyfriend or something, then I would disagree. But I have clicked 'agree' because if he was married, then he broke a marriage vow and there is no excuse and he obviously has no respect for his wife, or morals so therefore what would stop him in the future? So yes, if married and someone cheated I would agree with the above saying.