Poll: Should he go?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PearlBaby Posts: 532
My DH has a stag to go to from 9th to 11th March In Newcastle, UK. My due date is 16th March which incidentally has been moved 3 times. 1st date was the 24th, 2nd date was the 20th and couple of weeks ago they moved it again to the 16th March.... :eek I am just so nervous that i am going to go early when he is away.. :o( i know the odds are that i wont go early (assuming it anyway). Its his best friends stag who he is doing best man for and i know he really wants to go but on the other hand he's worried too. I know if i bring it up again there would be no question that he would just cancel and not go but then when the times comes and i go over i will feel bad that he didnt go. Oh i just dont know. What you think? ETA: Apologies to the March 2012 thread girls....i originally posted that he wouldnt be home until the 12th when its actually the 11th.
BusyMom Posts: 717
I was due my first on the 9th of October, had him on the 4th. Going by my dates, if my hubbie was away, he would have missed it! Not meaning to sound like a party pooper but no, he shouldn't go in my opinion!
strangeangel Posts: 1269
Since DD was a week early (and I was convinced she'd be late as she was my first), I vote no :)
bellababy Posts: 72
I don't think I'd be comfortable with my DH going, if it was somewhere in the country where he could jump in the car and be with you in a few hours I'd say go but on this one I'd have to say no!! Hopefully he'll come to that realisation himself so you won't have the guilt about saying no!! Not that you should have any guilt!
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
I voted no too. You just can't be sure. My husband stopped drinking about 2 or 3 weeks before my last due date just in case he had to drive me to hospital as we wanted to be prepared for anything. I'd be a nervous wreck if he was out of the country! It would be horrible for you both if he missed it. My sister went 2 weeks early on her first as well so I just didn't want to chance it. I'm sure his friend would understand if he had to cancel.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Another no vote here - you have no way of knowing when baby is going to arrive at this point and for me it's a bit too close for comfort. For the sake of peace of mind I think he should not go!
PearlBaby Posts: 532
Thanks girls. Think your just confirming what i already know. Its typical...its the only the second stag he has been on in the 7 years we are together. I'll talk to him about it again and i know he will just cancel it.
silverlight Posts: 628
I was 3 days late on DS & 7 days late on DD & still, if we go again, I would still expect DH to stay close to home & not be drinking 2 weeks up to the birth. It's just not worth it, would hate DH to miss it & I know he would too.
gopro Posts: 1801
I'd be a no too. if the stag was in Ireland at least there would be a better chance of him gettin home if baby did decide to arrive. other than the birth u may be on bed rest or anything n need his help. I'm currently lookin at gettin hubby a trip to see utd play. I said to his friend who wil be goin I'd rather they went before I'm 30weeks I know way too many ppl who have gone early at 32 weeks etc.
ontheway Posts: 432
I had a problem free preg till 37 weeks then BP went a bit haywire. I was in and out of the docs/hosp those last few weeks keeping it monitored and even though alot of the time DH didnt come with me he was only 10 mins away in work if I had to stay in the hosp. So I would be a No too. I'm sure his friend will understand aswell, it will give them an excuse to have another big night out here AFTER you have had the baby and are back on you feet. Joint wetting of babys head and stag!!