Poll-what month did you get engaged?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfamily Posts: 3323
Hi girls! Lots of my friends got engaged over the christmas season so i'm just wondering if this is by far the busiest time for engagements. So what month did you get engaged in?
Wow not one christmas vote yet!
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I always thought i wouldn't get engaged at a kind of predictable time like christmas, new year or valentines but actually ended up getting engaged on Valentines day, just the way it worked out cause that was when the hotel wedding fair was and we booked that and then announced the engagement that evening!
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
We got engaged in Sept, no particular occasion, we were on holiday and my OH said it felt like the right time! Was lovely!!
I was september too. Was on a short break away and OH had planned to propose in October but couldn't wait and just decided that he couldn't wait any longer. Soppy or what :xox
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Another September engagement! No particular reason, just the way it fell.
t2be2012 Posts: 718
I was august, H2B proposed on hols ..took me by complete surprise, no wonder he filled his little suitcase n took it onboard with him n wudnt let nyone near it!!!!lol :)
pebble79 Posts: 196
I was August. No big occassion, surprised me after dinner he cooked.
[quote="pebble79":28zk8stt]I was August. No big occassion, surprised me after dinner he cooked.[/quote:28zk8stt] I would have been more surprised by my OH cooking than proposing :yelrotflmaosmilie:
stick Posts: 1229
we got engaged on Paddys day2010, we were on hols, it was a total shock.