POLL: What will the cost of the hen be to your guests?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Hi Just wondering what the cost to your guests for the hen is?? Im looking at different places and the average cost is about E90 - E100 for dinner and B&B for one night. The place I like is E90 pp with dinner and B&B and free entry into the nightclub with a VIP area set up.. Is that too pricey??? I have picked a place near my aunts as they are coming so that the bulk of the people will stay with her so they wont have that cost, just the cost of meal and drinks... is that too much to ask ppl to pay when they will also have a drinks bill. Would love to hear what yeres are working out at and what you are getting for it.
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
mine is 159 that includes 2 nights b&b one lunch and all our activities on the sat included and transfer into westport and back from the nightclub the sat night.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
My BMs are organising my hens as a secret but the one rule I ensured to put forward was that the maximum cost, regardless of length of trip was to be max. €120 per person. I hope that's not too steep - I guess this poll will tell. Good thread.
MrsBump Posts: 869
I picked 50-100 but I'm actually having my hen on the sat night but the fri night is optional too, as the bmaids insisted on 2 nights, so the main hen is 70 euro for hotel, breakfast, a coctail, a shot, dinner and night club entry, but the fri night is 75 so 145 for anyone going both nights for hotel breakfast and chippendales ticket!!
Jawl Posts: 8881
We are going to Liverpool Friday moring to Sunday afternoon. 2 nights in a hotel and the flight will be approx 120-150 euros. We started a fiver a week 14 months in advance of the hen night, and by the time the hen comes around, the costs will be covered and those who committed to paying in will have another 150+ euros for spending money! And the beauty is, nobody has missed the fiver a week.
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
I was priced 180pp for 2 nights B&B + 1 Dinner. I feel its a bit steep. Going to look at just doing the one night but me & my sisters will go for 2
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i was really conscious about having a cheap hen so we're all meeting for lunch in a local cafe on the Saturday, hiring a mini bus & doing a tour of all the pubs in the back end of no where! everyone can bring their own drink on the bus so all it'll cost them is the bus which will be about 10e, drinking money & 10e for teh night club. bargain & it'll be a brilliant, if messy day/night :o)ll
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Mine is €175 for 2 nights B&B, 1 dinner, cocktail lessons, reduced entry to nightclub and a reserved area in the nightclub. The majority of the girls are coming down for one night though, so it €125 a head.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I chose €150 / €200 thats flights 2 nites accomdation, cocktails , champayne , nibbles , night club
mrs shamrock Posts: 603
Mine is 135 for 2 nts, accomodation, cruise, dinner, niteclub, my friends is 130 for 1 nt.