Menu

Poll-where are you spending xmas day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfamily Posts: 3323
Hi guys! Where are you spending your christmas day? I'm spending mine at my parents house and OH is spending it with his parents because it is our last christmas before getting married. After that we'll do every second year starting with mine. We only live 2 hours apart so if we spend xmas day with one set of parents we'll spend sephens day with the other. Dreading when the day comes for me to cook christmas dinner :eek :eek Doubt i'll be able to match up to my mums feast :o0 :o0
wwwife Posts: 948
Where spending it in our own house as its our 1st christmas in this house, we have his mother as she is on her own. Thats a great idea about spending xmas with your parents we cant as we have ds and dd.
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
myself and h2b take turns on where to have dinner.. its my mams turn this year :)
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Spending it at our own house - having my 2 brothers and my sister and her fiance over though. Last year was our first in our new house (and living together) and we cooked for the in-laws. Will spend St. stephens day at home just the 2 of us (plus the 6 pets!)
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
We're going to the future inlaws. When we first got together we split up for Christmas dinner but since our little lady arrived we stick together. Last year was my parents so this year is his. It's my first year ever having dinner away from home so that's a bit weird. Like happyfamily I am dreading the day I have the dinner in my house :eek
Tinkerbelle Bride Posts: 391
This is our first married Christmas but we're not spending it together. Both of us are big Christmas fans and love spending it with our families and following the traditions each of our familes have. There's no point in one of us missing out so we're both just going home to our parents on Christmas eve and then we'll see each other on Stephen's day. We've always done it this way and until there are kids on the scene we don't mind spending Christmas day apart. We take turns in who gets the dog and this year it's me YAY :o)ll
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
We are the same as you happyfamily, going our separate ways this year until we are married and then take turns
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
[quote="timeflys":2rvz5q0z]myself and h2b take turns on where to have dinner.. its my mams turn this year :)[/quote:2rvz5q0z] We take turns too, but it's his Mam's turn this year ;o)
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
We're both going to my parents as his live in Brazil! Looking forward to it, my mum's a fantastic cook
rosiemama Posts: 3363
we went to my parents last year so its the inlaws this year..