POLL: Would you trust your h2b to.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuffy Posts: 1492
Plan your wedding ala don't tell the bride? Post over on old faithful looking for brides and grooms to take part got me thinking. I honestly think I'd trust him with absolutely everything except the dress! It's the one thing I plan on doing totally traditionally in that he won't have a clue what it's like until the big day, which will be pretty har since he's fab for going clothes shopping with- totally honest! And I'm really looking forward to going dress shopping too. So what do y'all think, would you??
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Not a hope :o0 :o0 :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
That would be a big fat NO!!! :o0 When I'm watching it I go to the bedroom to watch it, and if he brings me a cuppa or anything, he legs it again. The show brings him out in sweat, at the thoughts of having to book it all himself! :o0
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
[quote="Jawl":o2coipc4]That would be a big fat NO!!! :o0 When I'm watching it I go to the bedroom to watch it, and if he brings me a cuppa or anything, he legs it again. The show brings him out in sweat, at the thoughts of having to book it all himself! :o0[/quote:o2coipc4] My H2B is the same :o0 Backs in slowly and then legs it! :o0 :o0 :o0
seedee Posts: 1017
i definitely would. he does lighting for a living, and has seen a million rooms set up in the best of ways, and he plays in a band, so he'd have the venue and the music sorted. i think he'd get me a dress i hated, but you could sneakily show him what you wanted before you left him for the 3 weeks couldnt you? ive hit a real organising lull and im struggling to make myself arrange appointments for anything so this sounds like a dream come true right now!
lux Posts: 6270
I am in the I don't know camp. Mr Lux can be very romantic when he puts his mind to it (I often get flowers in work and when I'm working late he'll drop in Butlers chocolates to me :lvs ) and he is very thoughtful. He's the first to say he loves spoiling me. But I KNOW some things we're arranged for the wedding simply would not cross his radar. I REALLY wanted a DVD so I did some serious research and got a price for the full day we could agree on, but if I left him to it he wouldn't have thought it was important. Also, I don't think he'd think of booking hair and makeup because he always thinks I look amazing (I do not!!). And then things like flowers, the centerpieces we've decided on, the ribbon ties on the napkins I've thought of.....he just doesn't have the eye for detail I have!! Having said that, I know he'd do his very best and would really want to make me happy so I could see him playing a blinder and paying whatever it took to give me a great day! So I'm don't know.........
Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote="seedee":1hyz2s33]i definitely would. he does lighting for a living, and has seen a million rooms set up in the best of ways, and he plays in a band, so he'd have the venue and the music sorted. i think he'd get me a dress i hated, but you could sneakily show him what you wanted before you left him for the 3 weeks couldnt you? ive hit a real organising lull and im struggling to make myself arrange appointments for anything so this sounds like a dream come true right now![/quote:1hyz2s33] I thought that too, show him what you like, but to be honest, what I liked was awful on me, and what I picked, I'd never have chosen in a mag/website :o0
paperclips Posts: 3146
I think I could trust him to do it if I'm being honest. We have very similar taste and I think he would get most things spot on even the dress. If he put his mind to it or was under pressure, he could pull it off.
Snuffy Posts: 1492
I probably should have put a poll up but I don't know how O:| Stupidity sorted! Poll added.
grazia Posts: 740
I totally would - he has great taste and we've chosen most things together. Mind you there is no way he could do it for the 10k budget on offer, way too expensive taste!