Poll- would you use a wedding planner?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss shimmer Posts: 453
Hi girls, :wv I was planning to have my own wedding here in July but had to put it back until next year as all the costs kept adding up. Ive since started looking at weddings abroad, and myself and H2B have decided on going to Cyprus. It was definitely the cost that swayed us. Most people getting married abroad seem to hire a wedding planner and they choose a package that the wedding planner is offering. For example a basic wedding package would be just including all the paperwork for the wedding, flowers for the bride, wedding cake and transport to the church. But these packages can include absolutely everything for your wedding- flowers, reception meal, bridal car, photographer, videographer, church music, dj, band, wedding cake, full decoration of your wedding reception. At the bottom of these packages there would be a total price, so you would know from the start how much your wedding is going to cost. Would you use this service?Or do you think there would be a market for it?? Thanks a mil girls :)
Jawl Posts: 8881
No, not at all. I'm loving the wedding planning, every single aspect of it, and I'm treating this wedding as a labour of love. It's hard work, and can be stressful at times, but I've had a year already and 11 months go and I've loved every minute, even the stressful times are worth it. When it all comes together on the day, I will be so proud that I pulled it off for Mr. Jawl and me. I couldn't imagine anybody else being able to tailor it exactly to what we want, only us. I think I've negotiated well myself on good deals, and my suppliers and wedding coordinator at the venue have been fantastic in giving me ideas and inspiration. So for me, it would be a no.
waterdale Posts: 162
No way, its easy plan it, i started with the big stuff last Sept and i have 9 months to go and just left with a few bits, im not stressed at all, which is worrying me a bit.... maybe its cause im very calm and laid back, i hope so and i hope i have forgot nothing :o0 :o0
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :)
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
I said yes. As much as I love all the planning and researching things, I absolutely hate negotiating, I'm useless at it, so I wouldn't mind having somebody there to do that bit for me. I could research a few and then leave it to the planner to sort out. I also would love to have somebody really creative to help me plan some really unusal reception decor and help me source it cheaply without it costing a fortune.
M Chereux Posts: 391
No I definitely would not hire a wedding planner, I am really enjoying the experience and deciding in my own time when to sort things out. I am a very organised person so I dont think I would take kindly if someone didnt do things to the way I like. but I possibly would hire someone if I was to have a wedding abroad but I am not so I would be a no!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="Jawl":gabrd8d3]No, not at all. I'm loving the wedding planning, every single aspect of it, and I'm treating this wedding as a labour of love. It's hard work, and can be stressful at times, but I've had a year already and 11 months go and I've loved every minute, even the stressful times are worth it. When it all comes together on the day, I will be so proud that I pulled it off for Mr. Jawl and me. I couldn't imagine anybody else being able to tailor it exactly to what we want, only us. I think I've negotiated well myself on good deals, and my suppliers and wedding coordinator at the venue have been fantastic in giving me ideas and inspiration. So for me, it would be a no.[/quote:gabrd8d3] Agree with every single bit of this. Couldnt say it better. So for me its a no
:o)ll
lux Posts: 6270
I would not. We've shopped around and negotiated on EVERYONE, and have gotten good discounts or extras from 99% of the suppliers. I find one hour of searching online and WOL will yield lots of deals or tips for suppliers. I love that we've done it ourselves, it makes us feel like we're in control of the process and its been easier to make decisions because we can narrow down the options ourselves.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
We used a wedding planner coz our wedding was abroad but if we got married here we wouldnt have!