Menu

Polti steam cleaner?

Go to House & Home

05bride
Mini Wolly

Polti steam cleaner?

Postby 05bride » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:00 pm

Just wondering if anyone owns a polti steam cleaner. I have seen them in BT's but they are not cheap. I have heard reviews from a few people who have used them and think they are brilliant. Apparently it's a dry steam (no detergent) and it cleans everything from carpets to tiles, windows etc. Apparently it even irons your clothes.

sound too good to be true.....?

Geraldine060505
New Wolly

Postby Geraldine060505 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:48 am

I have one and it is great. I mean you still have to do the work but no detergents. It has an iron attachment which means that its like a v powerful steam iron. IT does take 10 mins to heat up because of all the water in the tank.

I use it to clean floor tiles, wall tiles and windows.

You can usually get a demonstration so I'd advise that you do before you buy. ESB shops do them.

Mrs. Niamh
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Mrs. Niamh » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:54 am

I have one, got it in BT as well. Think it was about 450 euro, definitely worth it. I use it to clean upholstery, curtains, floors (both wooden & carpet), tiles, walls, bathroom, kitchen, wardrobes, windows, blinds, furniture - basically everything! I have the Polti Vaporetto 2400, it's red and looks like a hoover - and it's the same size as one. A video comes with it with a recorded demo, showing all you can use it for. I've had it a year and it's excellent.

http://www.polti-ltd.co.uk/vaporettomodels.html

mumof2
Empress Wolly

Postby mumof2 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:51 pm

These sound great. Am thinking of putting this on my Christmas list.

Do you really think that they are worth the money? and just another quick question - do you not bother then with regular cleaners ie, polish, bleach etc., :?: :?:
DS is 2yr9mths
DD is 17 months

1stone 11.5lbs lost - 16.5lbs to goal!

Mrs. Niamh
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Mrs. Niamh » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:54 am

You can still use other detergents, but there is no need to. I still but bleach in the toilets. Obviously it's nice to polish things up once in a while, but polishing and cleaning are two different things really anyway. You'd be more inclined to steam maybe once a week, rather than every day - so you'd still be using, say a kitchen spray or whatever.

mumof2
Empress Wolly

Postby mumof2 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:54 am

Thanks for the reply Mrs Niamh

I never got 'excited' before about a household gadget - maybe I'm getting older :lol:

Am defo. going to BT during the week to have a look at them
DS is 2yr9mths
DD is 17 months

Service Finder
mumof2
Empress Wolly

Postby mumof2 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

4 years on and I still haven't taken the plunge to buy one!!! Decided just to buy it this week.

Does BT still do it or anyone know anywhere else. Can get it online but would prefer to go to shop
DS is 2yr9mths
DD is 17 months

i love weddings
New Wolly

Postby i love weddings » Mon May 25, 2009 7:13 pm

i love this machine...sadly i don't own one but I have a friend who lets me borrow hers. She got in on sale in ESB shop before it closed down.

I love especially how it cleans my showers, taps, oven, rugs & much more...super cleaning machine. Im saving my pennies for this and a kitchen aid!!!

mumof2
Empress Wolly

Postby mumof2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:17 am

Ordered the Politi online so it should be here on Monday - will let you know how I get on

Let the nesting begin :o)ll
DS is 2yr9mths
DD is 17 months

mollyeile
Woloholic

Postby mollyeile » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:15 pm

God there's a blast from the past - my mum has a Polti and loves it - she wouldn't use anything else.

Next

Go to House & Home