Polyhdramnios

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fanta Posts: 54
Just found out that there is a high level of fluid around the baby, a conditon know as polyhdramnios. I am 37 weeks and have had two glucose tolerance test both came back normal 4.5 and 6.5. I'm really freaking out now and hope that there is nothing wrong with the baby :weep . Can anyone tell me if they suffered with this during their pregnancy and if so what was the outcome was babs fine, did you go on to have a natural birth or were you induced? Any information on this would be great.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i think low fluid is worse. i had it and was taken in straight away at 37 weeks for a section as ds was breech too
zoey Posts: 1574
Hi Fanta, I had this and it all turned out fine in the end :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll From about 30 weeks onwards scans were showing that there was extra fluid around the baby. The doctors didn't seem too concerned but they gave me extra scans (every 2 weeks) just to monitor it. Plus I did the GT test twice also to see if that might be the cause of it. Every single doctor or midwife who measured me or scanned me told me that the baby was going to be very big, which really freaked me out but he was only 8 and a half pounds in the end which isn't really considered all that big these days. At 40 weeks I was told that I would be induced if I went 5 days over - they didn't want to let me go any longer because of the size of the baby and the extra fluid. Anyway....to cut a long story short, I ended up having a failed induction which resulted in emergency section (nothing to do with the polyhydraminous) but it was absolutely fine and my beautiful baby boy arrived safe and sound :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Sorry, I think I've rambled on and on there but basically I just wanted to let you know that I was told the same as you and everything turned out perfect in the end. I hope that answer helps some bit but feel free to pm me if you have anything else to ask. All the best with the rest of your pregnancy :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
This is a previous post on the subject: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=65330&p=649596&hilit=polyhydramnios#p649596 And this is a birth story from a lady (*coolaboola*) who had the same condition: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=157137&p=1728041&hilit=polyhydramnios#p1728041 Also, remember two other ladies, first-timer and yoda, and as far as I know everything went well for both of them. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
fanta Posts: 54
Thanks girls for all the replies, especially you zoey, you've really put my mind at ease and I hope things work out as well for me as they did for you.