Poor Baby.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Baby Tigger Posts: 3394
My sister had to get her 14 year old labrador put to sleep this morning. He has been suffering with arthritis for a few years and his legs just gave way last week and he couldn't even stand. The vet increased his medication to see if that would help but he just got progressively worse. The kids don't know yet but are going to be told that he died at home. He was such a fab dog and was just a big softie really. I feel so sad for them. I know exactly what they are going through after my poor baby cat died 11 weeks ago. Anyway just thought I'd share. I'm feeling a bit sad over it now. :o(
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Ah sorry to hear that :wv
willful Posts: 6822
Poor thing :o(
Yellow Elley Posts: 1522
:o( :o( :o( :o( :o( the poor kids don't know yet and all of wol will know before them :o( :o( :o( :o( Poor guys!
Shin Posts: 8515
ahh cocoa i really feel for you all. i hate that, its a horrible feeling. when our cat holly got put down i cried buckets for days. she had feline aids and obviously theres no cure. its horrible isnt it?? what happened your cat?
curliwurli Posts: 3369
oh that's really sad but at least the poor thing isn't suffering anymore xxxxx
clucky Posts: 26471
aw sugar thats sad i have a lab she's 4 now god i'll be in bits if i have to do that
Shin Posts: 8515
cocoa if its any consolation, they really dont feel a thing, i was talking to my vet about this just before i came over here. they really dont, its just a nice sleep thats all.
Jan 07 bride Posts: 125
Oh! Thats awful, we have 2 labs and if anything every happened them i'd be devestated. the poor kids! :o( :o( :o( :o( Dogs really do become part of the family, as nn said at least he's not in anymore pain.
Baby Tigger Posts: 3394
Yeah I know. I feel terrible telling all of ye before hte kids know but they don't know about WOL land so it's fine. It would have been worse if I told ye before Smug knew. Shin my cat just died - no reason. We think he was poisoned by a mouse that he killed and it had poison in it. I had him 6 years on the day that he died. He was trying to get home to me but didn't make it. My next door neighbour found him in his yard. I still cry over him - big eejit that I am. Thanks for all the kind words girls. :wv